Lb7 swap questions

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Buddy is wanting to do a dmax swap.

We have access to an entire donor truck. 01 ccsb 4x4.

What all do we need to get from the truck for the swap? Obviously the ecm, Tcm, main wiring to fuse block, pedal assy, battery cables, intercooler, radiator, and parts along with that. Driveshafts for the yokes.

I told him to get the entire truck. Which might potentially happen, just trying to get an idea of what we need before we go.

Benny315

Benny
Feb 11, 2019
Backwoods, Savannah, NY
You may want to grab steering column and shift cable, depending what its going into. The instrument cluster maybe valuable to someone here as well. So glad I got a complete donor truck, needed alot more off it than I thought.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Yeah, the whole truck gives the most options?

What is it going into? If it is going into another GMT800, you only really need the engine, motor mount plates off the frame, and harness. Plus transmission and transfer case depending on what you're wanting to do.

If it is going in something old as a standalone swap, I'd get the fuse block too. You can get the whole body harness and get all the features of the newer platform. But really, in that case, just get the whole truck. You can turn around and sell the axles then scrap the rest after the swap.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
It’ll be a stand alone swap. The whole truck isn’t an option now as the guy wants to keep it a roller.

Other than fuel pedal, harnesses, cooling stack, and the big stuff do we need anything else?

Swap will probably just get a cts2 for gauges.

Speaking of which. Obd2 port, should I grab that harness? Or is that an option?

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
It’ll be a stand alone swap. The whole truck isn’t an option now as the guy wants to keep it a roller.

Other than fuel pedal, harnesses, cooling stack, and the big stuff do we need anything else?

Swap will probably just get a cts2 for gauges.

Speaking of which. Obd2 port, should I grab that harness? Or is that an option?

Can you strip the truck?

Dash harness and all?

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Just unplug the ecm/tcm harness from the under hood fuse box, everything that plugs into that harness you need. No, you dont need the obd2 port or anything in the cab. Dont cut any part of that harness that you end up with, unplug everything. exh, cooling stack, lines, hoses, ic plumbing are all helpful when doing these swaps.