LB7 removed Fleece Allilocker, no start now.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
With TCM disconnected it started but sounds like complete ass
Has oil pressure
Has rail pressure
Sent a log to Nick waiting for him to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Gotcha mention that a fuel pressure gauge is a good idea for situations like this it will be a taddle tail gauge if the liftpump has a no flow problem ask them to pull line loose if filter housing has been deleted and briefly turn key on to see if any fuel is even being moved again no flow no go you know :thumb:
Would still start with a dead lift pump

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
According to the log
it's commanding a ton of fuel. It should be running. Fuel pressure looks good in fuel rate is way up.

Nick and Bob think possible bad fuel.
Here's a video of the truck after it started with no TCM. Still unsure why the TCM would mess with it starting. As previously stated the truck ran perfectly fine an hour prior to is not starting. Drove it like 5miles parked it turned it off, started it again drove it into the shop and then disconnected Ali locker which at this point has nothing to do with it.
TCM probably got grounded it accidentally but now it idles extremely rough. Even tho the log shows rail pressure and everything normal.
https://vimeo.com/155880329

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Gonna drain the fuel and try new fuel in it.
Usually a bad ficm would throw codes ?

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Can you watch balance rates while its idling. That might point to a hung injector?

I spoke with Nick he doesn't believe it's an injector. I'm gonna try new fuel in it and see what it does and if nothing try another ficm even tho Nick said it would throw codes which it's not. He said he doesn't believe it's an injectors because it would show a cylinder miss fire.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
That's sorta how one sounds with timing outta whack too. But, it's not hard to watch the injectors. It's worth the minimal effort just to see what they're doing?

Before you drain the fuel tank, can't you unhook the feed line from the tank to the lift pump and stick it in a can of fresh/clean fuel and try starting it with that just to see before you go through the trouble of draining tank?

May 8, 2011
What is timing doing in the log??? I have seen one once before act like this and the tone ring on the crank was loose what about cam crank sync???

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
That's sorta how one sounds with timing outta whack too. But, it's not hard to watch the injectors. It's worth the minimal effort just to see what they're doing?

Before you drain the fuel tank, can't you unhook the feed line from the tank to the lift pump and stick it in a can of fresh/clean fuel and try starting it with that just to see before you go through the trouble of draining tank?

What would cause the timing to change it was fine on Tuesday and fine back in sept&oct. no issues with it until now. I drove it all the way till the trans was dropped and drove it last week and on Tuesday no issues.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
The tuning is a constant variable nothing has changed with the tuning so the timing some how magically changing would be weird....right.

May 8, 2011
True the one i worked on drove home shut off and the next morning would not start all the time and when it did it would run ruff and smoke like an old mechanical truck that the timing was out of only reason found it was cam and crank wouldnt always sync so i pulled the crank sensor and the tone ring was loose tore it apart tighten back up with a dab of blue lock tight and it been fine ever since just saying it might be a possibility

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
What would cause the timing to change it was fine on Tuesday and fine back in sept&oct. no issues with it until now. I drove it all the way till the trans was dropped and drove it last week and on Tuesday no issues.

Then put the allilocker back on and see if it runs good again lol