lb7 lly turbo swap

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
LLY is a VVT turbo, stands for variable-vain turbo, and to my knowledge, won't ever work on a LB7 which is a fixed-wheel turbo and has no vanes, instead it has a wastegate

ON EDIT: If you need a LB7 turbo I have one for sale, PM me

Last edited:

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
that has been mentioned to me but i am not sure someone told me that lly pipes bolt inside the turbo housing but mine did not mine was just a clamp so i dont know what the difference is. this is not for me a friend asked i have an htt

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
that has been mentioned to me but i am not sure someone told me that lly pipes bolt inside the turbo housing but mine did not mine was just a clamp so i dont know what the difference is. this is not for me a friend asked i have an htt

You will need a special box to control the vaines of the turbo which has yet to be released supposedly Brayden has something but I wouldn't waste my time... by the time you buy the box, the turbo, custom fab this or that you will gain next to NO! hp over the LB7 turbo.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
it is do able but like paint said. to get really good gains would be costly because you would have to buy a modded vvt turbo then the turbo brake to control it