Lb7 head vs LLY head question

KevinD

KevinD
Nov 7, 2012
I've done a little research on the lb7's vs lly heads and I thought about replacing my lb7 heads with lly when I do my studs and gaskets to keep from having injectors issues down the road. But I read it won't work. What all is included to make this not work? Injectors different? Could not just change the plugs on them? I know the heads will bolt in place. So has anyone ever done the swap before?

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Have to have a complete LLY top end and all of the fuel system. Typically better to get a complete motor. I am in the process of doing this. If you run LLY ECM, you have to have the harness modified by btdieselworks to communicate with your 02. If you run the LB7 ECM, you have to modify the injector harness and tuning is a nightmare.

KevinD

KevinD
Nov 7, 2012
Plenty of information here to answer all your questions. Use the search tool.:thumb:

Thanks. Also I just read you signature and you have dual cp3's for Lbz did you just change the fpr on them to make them work or what did you do?

KevinD

KevinD
Nov 7, 2012
Have to have a complete LLY top end and all of the fuel system. Typically better to get a complete motor. I am in the process of doing this. If you run LLY ECM, you have to have the harness modified by btdieselworks to communicate with your 02. If you run the LB7 ECM, you have to modify the injector harness and tuning is a nightmare.

Ok thanks! Also what is the benefits of changing to lly heads? Other than no injector issues?

KevinD

KevinD
Nov 7, 2012
Sorry for the late reply. But how's it coming? Also you still going to run your lb7 turbo or you changing to vgt as well?