LB7 FASS Killed my Fuel Gauge???

herewego311

May 9, 2016
Hey Gents,
Im new here and new to Diesels, but not new to engines/modifications.
I recently installed FASS' 90gph Lifter Pump on my 03 LB7 and since finishing the installation, my stock fuel gauge is showing inaccurate readings (see pics).
I had contacted FASS' tech support and they suggested looking at which fuse I jumped off of. If I had used a fuse for the gauge pack, then it could mess up the readings. I followed their suggestions, IGN E fuse or the HVAC fuse, and neither fixed the issue. Has anyone seen this issue before? Any suggestions?
Thank you for your help!
-Chad

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
Looks like your stepper motor for the fuel gauge might be going out. Probably luck of the draw that it happened at the same time you installed the fass. Something to check anyway.

herewego311

May 9, 2016
OK, great! Thanks Gents! I will address the stepper motor soon and report back.
I appreciate your input!

herewego311

May 9, 2016
I tried replacing the stepper motor for the fuel gauge and still not getting any reading. It now stays at the Empty line.

Im thinking fuel sending unit?

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Mine was getting some weird readings then eventually just stopped, I did the stepper motor first because it was cheapest. Replaced my sending unit a few weeks ago and found my problem, it was a broken wire. If I had known this I would have fixed it but since I already had the new one I now have a spare. Ordered the new one from Summit Racing.

Attachments

• IMG_8933.JPG
    IMG_8933.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8936.JPG
    IMG_8936.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 25