LB7 edge evolution question

rollincoal1417

Jan 13, 2013
Naples Florida
I have the Edge Evo CS programmer for my 04 lb7. ive tried out all the power levels and for some reason even when the power level is on extreme im not seeing any black smoke. the truck pulls good and runs good on extreme but i was expecting to see black smoke. my intentions arent for it to pour out smoke but it makes me wonder if it may be running lean? its stock injectors balance rates seem good when i test them. any thoughts anyone?:confused:

rollincoal1417

Jan 13, 2013
Naples Florida
lol opinions from everyone. but im just curious on why it doesnt black smoke ive seen videos of trucks with same set up as me and im seeing smoke. im not wanting to be a rebel and blow black smoke everywhere im just curious if there is something wrong with my truck thats all. lol. but thanks

bonomax

Dec 27, 2011
Hermitage, PA
dont ask for smoke your not going to get answers. but i will give the short answer of why ur not getting smoke is because i had that exact tuner and you dont have same setup as trucks. those truck have other fuel upgrades modded injection pumps, injectors, lift pumps and such that run big single turbos like. those kind of mods need built Allison and really shud have built motors if pushed hard enough. smoke is hard on motor, sensors and such. these arent opinions these are fact champ and there is nothing wrong with your truck. dont ask again for black smoke and we will let this one slide. makes diesel truck guys look bad like alls we like to is blow black smoke on ppl and piss them off

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
A good street tune won't smoke much, and next to efi live tuners edge has a decent set of tunes on their Evo programmers

rollincoal1417

Jan 13, 2013
Naples Florida
thanks everyone and my intentions arent to make it black smoke. im not a person who wants to roll coal and make diesels look bad. i love diesels and how well they make power i wouldnt want them to go away becuase ppl love to blow black smoke. it was strictly a mechanical question i was wanting an answer if there was a reason why is didnt smoke. not a solution to make it black smoke. i could care less about the smoke.
but thanks everyone;)

WI Huck

Where does the time go?
Feb 8, 2012
The reason you are not making smoke is that you don't have enough fuel. In you signature you state that you have 150k miles. That is typically the end of the normal life span of your injectors and cp3 pump. If there is not more fuel than air in your cylinders you won't see smoke. It could be as simple as a clogged fuel filter. A feed pump system like the FASS will deliver fuel to your cp3 and help it make the higher rail pressures that are being asked for if it is starting to get weak.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
thanks everyone and my intentions arent to make it black smoke. im not a person who wants to roll coal and make diesels look bad. i love diesels and how well they make power i wouldnt want them to go away becuase ppl love to blow black smoke. it was strictly a mechanical question i was wanting an answer if there was a reason why is didnt smoke. not a solution to make it black smoke. i could care less about the smoke.
but thanks everyone;)

your screen name is rollincoal. and you dont want black smoke, ya sure! :roflmao: