Knock

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Yea I don't think I would want to tear into that mess. Wouldn't a damaged hold down thread be a weak point even with a stock injector? I am not saying this isn't gonna work but my personal experience with heli coils and how much is on the line if it doesn't hold.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Do you have one experience with helicoils or multiple? When installed properly they are used to hold much more torque than in this situation. The fuel pressure doesn't effect it. The cylinder pressure is what puts the stress on it. Helicoils threads in aluminum are often stronger than aluminum threads on their own. Hell GM uses helicoils in aluminum from the factory for enough stuff.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

jimmijamez

Jul 24, 2012
missouri
A diesel tech recommended to use a helicoil.

You have to drill and retap the hole the helicoil brings it back to original size

If you were to use a larger bolt then you would have to drill the hold down hole to a larger size and then you have created a weak poit as we'll so I really don't know what other option there would be?

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I have used them quite a few times with my motocross bikes and it was also in aluminum. Have had maybe one stay put and not pull out.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk