July '23 Chat -- Fireworks on the horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Well, after arriving, I find out they cancelled it due to "excessive heat". Did they not know it was going to be hot that day? It's summer and it's hot this time of year every year. 😡. Next possible test n tune is august 4th. Not sure I will be able to make a Friday but I will try. As long as their open 🤣
How the single cab search going?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
The guy with the 01 seems to be ghosting me, in prison, or died because he has not returned any of my calls or texts. When I went out and met him and saw the truck he said he would get it out of his back yard so I could test drive it. He then stopped responding.

There is another one, an 05 that is a cab n chassis that looks to have taken some damage up front and may need some work as the seller mentioned something about not being able to pass smog. But it's cheap at only $1500. But, this guy hasn't responded either. Not sure what's up

Everything else is either too expensive or too far away. Otherwise still looking.

Craigslist seems dry with very few to choose from and all over priced. Facebook marketplace has many more but it's search is broken. Probably on purpose kinda like Amazon's shopping search. Searching for one thing but it shows you everything else. So it makes it difficult as you have to manually check each listing that seems remotely like what I'm looking for to check if it is a diesel

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Just seen this one. Might be worth it as some of the mods are already done such as a built transmission which could cost $5+k. No idea if any engine work has been done other than up/down pipes and manifolds. All probably something I'd do anyways.

Maybe I'll offer $10k if it's still available

Don't care for the stickers and advertising all over it. Unless they are paying or sponsoring me I'd rip them off. I think he messed up with the 2.7 million miles 😅

Edit: Nevermind, I see that the crank broke ☹️

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Didn't you have a couple engines sitting around, Jason? I'd offer him under 10k just to see. Bet he's a member here.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Didn't you have a couple engines sitting around, Jason? I'd offer him under 10k just to see. Bet he's a member here.
No engines for me. ☹️. I'm thinking maybe $8k is as high as I'll go. Then I would probably find a used engine to swap in there

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I wasn't able to find any members that would match that truck. But not a lot to go on either

Status
Not open for further replies.