January '23 Chat -- "New Year, New Gear!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Well, we get a day of sunshine before the rain comes back. We had a number of streets flood and a handful of road closures in my town. A few miles away there was evacuation warnings for eminent levy failure and bridge collapse. Still pretty mild compared to what others go through. But in California they go bat shit crazy. Had a little fun driving around in my truck finding the worst areas and getting an under carriage wash 😁

IMG_20221231_163211-01.jpeg

IMG_20221231_163412_PANO-01.jpeg

IMG_20221211_134004-01.jpeg

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
This one was just down my street. Tunnel couldn't handle the flow and ran over the top. This was before it got bad and closed the road

media-1672600068154-Dec_31_2022_12_42_PM-01.jpeg

media-1672600061994-Dec_31_2022_12_42_PM-01.jpeg

Reactions: DAVe3283

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Happy new years fellas

Aren’t you guys in a drought out there in cali?
That's what they want you to believe. If they'd stop dumping all the water out of the dames before the snow melt we'd have full reservoirs. It's a manufactured drought by politics. They also won't allow building any new reservoirs so we can keep all this rain.

If they solve the problems then there won't be any use for them so they can't do that

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
That's what they want you to believe. If they'd stop dumping all the water out of the dames before the snow melt we'd have full reservoirs. It's a manufactured drought by politics. They also won't allow building any new reservoirs so we can keep all this rain.

If they solve the problems then there won't be any use for them so they can't do that
Don't forget they can approve rezoning of industrial/ commercial area into living area and put up 600 New apartment's But when You ask about the infrastructure to support it., crickets....

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Don't forget they can approve rezoning of industrial/ commercial area into living area and put up 600 New apartment's But when You ask about the infrastructure to support it., crickets....
Yeah, they tried to do that in Folsom, CA with all the new housing on the other side of the freeway. The city council said if we all just keep cutting back our utilities like we have been then there will be enough water for all the new houses. Their logic....

On top of that they wanted to have the utility rate go up to help pay for the new infrastructure for the new $500k homes. Enough citizens cried foul that the city had to walk that one back. They ended up tacking on the cost to the price of the new homes. Where did they get the idea that we should be paying for other people's homes? Especially when they are selling them for double what ours cost?

Just up stream from Folsom lake on the American river there was plans, and they even started construction, to put a dam in. The environmentalists shut it down stating we didn't need anymore water and that we had enough already. Then they force up to limit water usage and say we are in a drought.

Reactions: 1FastBrick

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Yeah, they tried to do that in Folsom, CA with all the new housing on the other side of the freeway. The city council said if we all just keep cutting back our utilities like we have been then there will be enough water for all the new houses. Their logic....

On top of that they wanted to have the utility rate go up to help pay for the new infrastructure for the new $500k homes. Enough citizens cried foul that the city had to walk that one back. They ended up tacking on the cost to the price of the new homes. Where did they get the idea that we should be paying for other people's homes? Especially when they are selling them for double what ours cost?

Just up stream from Folsom lake on the American river there was plans, and they even started construction, to put a dam in. The environmentalists shut it down stating we didn't need anymore water and that we had enough already. Then they force up to limit water usage and say we are in a drought.
Same thing down here in Orange County...

They started converting Comercial property next to the Airport in to condos, but they put small buissness on the 1st floor to justify it, Yet surrounded on all sides are large industrial buissness... some buissness that run 24 hours a day 6-7 days a week. It's just a matter of time before they complain about noise, smell, or something else and try to run the buissness off. Yet they haven't built any new water sheds, no new power plants, and the ones that are in operation they are trying to get shut down.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Same thing down here in Orange County...

They started converting Comercial property next to the Airport in to condos, but they put small buissness on the 1st floor to justify it, Yet surrounded on all sides are large industrial buissness... some buissness that run 24 hours a day 6-7 days a week. It's just a matter of time before they complain about noise, smell, or something else and try to run the buissness off. Yet they haven't built any new water sheds, no new power plants, and the ones that are in operation they are trying to get shut down.
We have that too. Areojet and Mather AFB. Both have been here long before all the new housing. New occupance complain. The boundaries/property limits get pushed back smaller. That creates a new buffer between the houses. Then they just build new houses in the buffer zone and they complain. If they keep doing this they will drive out all the money making industries that built this city. Cities can't survive on Walmart alone but they seem to be planning on it

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Forget what ive posted on DD before about my shop build but thought id add what Fish, my buddy peter and my self did last week.

i wanted to epoxy the floor of the shop to basically just keep stains from happening on the concrete. I will be welding and fabbing which will kill the epoxy sooner than later so i had a hard time swallowing 9-12k for someone to come out and do it. I found a place called "coloredepoxies.com" and between amazon and other places, they had good reviews. They use legit polycurmaine 2 part type epoxy and have tools availible. for 2200 bucks all in, tools, and no flake, i was down to try it.

floor got a full pressure wash, acid etch, wash again and then started the appication. i did no flake to make patching easy and no top coat cause it aint going to do shit. plus its easy to fix or i can roll another coat on the floor if it gets torn up. To apply it, we did a thin coat that was the "primer coat" with alot of baby sitting to fix fish eyes and concrete out-gassing (bubbles). Second day was much easier with a thick coat of epoxy laid down in a couple hours. Came out awesome for a bunch of rookies! Time will tell if it stays attached. We did not grind the floor because the concrete was so fresh BUT it would have given me a smoother finish than you see in the pics and knocked down some tooling marks from the concrete guys. Its almost a textured finish because the concrete i had poured was fiber reinforced and the hairs are sticking up that i couldnt see before. at the end of the day, i could care less for the price i have into it and the fact i know im going to tear it up. super stoked how it came out!

aLESnOl.jpg

mLhseRT.jpg

Reactions: 68ss and CDmax16

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Forget what ive posted on DD before about my shop build but thought id add what Fish, my buddy peter and my self did last week.

i wanted to epoxy the floor of the shop to basically just keep stains from happening on the concrete. I will be welding and fabbing which will kill the epoxy sooner than later so i had a hard time swallowing 9-12k for someone to come out and do it. I found a place called "coloredepoxies.com" and between amazon and other places, they had good reviews. They use legit polycurmaine 2 part type epoxy and have tools availible. for 2200 bucks all in, tools, and no flake, i was down to try it.

floor got a full pressure wash, acid etch, wash again and then started the appication. i did no flake to make patching easy and no top coat cause it aint going to do shit. plus its easy to fix or i can roll another coat on the floor if it gets torn up. To apply it, we did a thin coat that was the "primer coat" with alot of baby sitting to fix fish eyes and concrete out-gassing (bubbles). Second day was much easier with a thick coat of epoxy laid down in a couple hours. Came out awesome for a bunch of rookies! Time will tell if it stays attached. We did not grind the floor because the concrete was so fresh BUT it would have given me a smoother finish than you see in the pics and knocked down some tooling marks from the concrete guys. Its almost a textured finish because the concrete i had poured was fiber reinforced and the hairs are sticking up that i couldnt see before. at the end of the day, i could care less for the price i have into it and the fact i know im going to tear it up. super stoked how it came out!

aLESnOl.jpg

mLhseRT.jpg
Yeah James that looks damn good and the price is right.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.