LBZ: Isspro EV2 vs PPE gauges

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Ok. I thought i had my mind made up but i think i just confuse myself the more i look at the different gauges. :eek: So which brand is better or are they about the same? Also, is a fuel rail pressure gauge neccessary? I may be over researching gauges but better to do that than buy junk, right? :D

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I just bought PPE gauges, have always had EV2's in my trucks. They look nice but i HATE the mechanical boost gauges, never liked them, electronic is way nicer and you don't have that stupid hose running into the cab. If they would only make that an electric gauge i'd say PPE over EV2, but because of that i still like the EV2 better.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
What are you setting the truck up for?

This truck is my daily driver and farm truck. I tow a 30' gooseneck with skidsteer a couple times a month and all through seeding and harvest it tows an 18' bumper pull car hauler with a 300 Imperial gallon fuel tank with a 2" Honda pump and a 30 gallon air compressor. I guess add Autometer to the list too. God, it's like i'm starting at the beginning again. :D I like the factory match part of the Autometer gauges. Are Autometer gauges any good?

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Autometers the only gauges I've really known till I got in this diesel loop. I have the cobalts, they look awesome in day or night. I almost got the ultralight 2 because there my favorite at night but kinda iffy but classic in the day. You can get a rail pressure gauge in the cobalt also. I think theres only 2 models of autometer that offer the rail pressure gauge. Atleast there was that few when I bought mine.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I like my auto meters alot. I didn't get the rail pressure guage. Though cause I was told that it wasn't necessary unless you are aiming for big power

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Electric FTW!

I don't like the noise that comes from the gauges that are mechanical lol, frekin annoying

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
It looks like the Autometer's are a mechanical gauge like the PPE. Is that good or bad compared to the electric on the Isspro's? :confused:

It's not a good or bad thing. Obviously electronics would be nicer. But mechanical are alot cheaper. It just depends on what you can get by with. My boost gauge is mechanical and works fine, I just didn't want fuel running into my cab thats why I got electric fuel gauges. Most Autometers you can get both mechanical or eletric, maybe you should look closer if electric is what you want. FWIW I haven't heard any noise from mine. Possible I just never noticed it but I doubt it.

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
On the subject of gauges, does anyone make a decent pillar pod? Been looking for one that replaces the factory one and doesn't just slip over it like some shit ass condom. :confused:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
On the subject of gauges, does anyone make a decent pillar pod? Been looking for one that replaces the factory one and doesn't just slip over it like some shit ass condom. :confused:

If you find one let me know, i hate these dumb pods. The cummins pods are way nicer:mad:

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca

Someone said the other day they only make full repleacement for New body style trucks 07.5-present. I have one in my LML but my LBZ had the cover one

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Electric FTW!

I don't like the noise that comes from the gauges that are mechanical lol, frekin annoying
My Dipricol boost guage does make a vibration noise around 15 psi. How do the electronic boost guages work? Do you install a sending unit on the boost tube or is it getting its reading off the electronics on the truck. I had a Banks boost guage and it was electronic. It would only register up to 25-26 psi but it got its reading from the ECM?