LLY: is this the frame beaming ???? untraceable vibration

DieselAngler

Mmmm diesel
Jul 30, 2012
Between 45 and 65 mph my truck has a nice up and down vibration and I had the pitman arm the idler arm and the upper and lower ball joints replaced. I had the truck looked over and they said the driveshaft and Ujoints look fine. The only thing left i guess is the Frame Beaming, what are the signs of this? My truck bed and cab dont really line up at the bottom and I tried the 600lbs of weight in the bed of the truck and it seemed to slightly take the vibration away. Are there any other signs of the frame beaming??? I am at my wits end and just about broke.

DieselAngler

Mmmm diesel
Jul 30, 2012
Yes it does still vibrate after i let off the throttle. If it stopped vibrating when i let off the throttle that would be in the drive line right? I need to get out and drive it and really examine the ride. But yes it still does it when i let off the gas.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
i had some god awful frame beaming once when i had my weight distribution bars set way to high (cause the trailer was about 10k over weight) it was so bad it felt like my heart was vibrating out of my chest.

justlkn

Oct 1, 2012
Hastings, Fl.
Not sure if this helps.

GM Campaign #PIT3009J: Suspension Vibration Or Frame Beaming At 40-60 MPH (64-80KM/H) - keywords front rear shake shock spring tire - (Sept 18,2008)""

Condition/Concern:

Beam shake vibration is usually felt and occurring at speeds between 40-50 mph (64-80 km/h). Hertz readings using an EVA tool are normally between 8-24 HZ. This condition is most common on extended cab and crew cab models but has also been noted in other models.

Recommendation/Instructions:

The severity of the beam shake may vary from vehicle to vehicle. To determine if the concern is beam shake, please perform the following:

1. Test drive vehicle to confirm the condition. A beam shake condition will usually respond to concrete type pavements more than asphalt, so the vehicle should be driven over both surfaces if possible.

2. Place 200-500 pounds in the pickup bed between the closed tailgate and the wheel wells. A beaming condition should dissipate.

-----------

If the concern is determined to be beam shake, this a characteristic of the vehicle. GM Engineering has released updated body mounts to reduce this concern for the Crew and Extended Cab Models. There will be no changes made to the Regular Cab Models.

FOR CREW AND EXTENDED CAB MODELS, REPLACE THE REAR CAB MOUNTS WITH UPDATED PARTS LISTED BELOW. THESE PARTS SHOULD NOT BE USED ON REGULAR CAB MODELS.

New upper and lower mounts should be installed at the left and right rear cab position. The new LOWER mount is a two-piece design, meaning there is a rubber mount with a metal washer. Some models may use a one piece lower mount, meaning the rubber mount has a metal washer molded into it. If the vehicle has the one-piece lower mount design, washers (PN 15854745, Qty 2) will be needed to be used with the new lower mount.

Upper Mount 25791031 Qty 2

Lower Mount 25791032 Qty 2

Washer 15854745 Qty 2 (if needed)

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and ccomplete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

DieselAngler

Mmmm diesel
Jul 30, 2012
I have read this and printed it out i tried the weight thing i put two barrels of water weighing 600 lbs in the back and it kind of made it vibrate less. I am just looking for someone that has had this issue before and fixed it.

justlkn

Oct 1, 2012
Hastings, Fl.
I would see if you could get some of the listed body mounts and change them to see if that helps. The can't be that expensive and it should be pretty easy to do by yourself.

DieselAngler

Mmmm diesel
Jul 30, 2012
I would see if you could get some of the listed body mounts and change them to see if that helps. The can't be that expensive and it should be pretty easy to do by yourself.
Yeah I might as well go ahead and order the stuff and do it.

Andrew85

Sep 21, 2009
Does it do it on every stretch of highway? There is a certain stretch of interstate by me that will beat the holy crap out of me. It must have been the way they pored the concrete. It was pored in about 5 foot sections and is rough, but the stuff that was a continuous poor is smooth. Just something to pay attention to when you are out driving.

maine dmax

Mar 28, 2009
Have you tryed running it up to that speed on jackstands with the rear wheels off? Is the drive shaft spinning good? Watch the hubs and check for a possible bent axle? I have had alot of experience chasing vibrations LOL

DieselAngler

Mmmm diesel
Jul 30, 2012
I did what the bulletin told me to do and added a lot of weight to the bed of the truckk and the vibration went away. I will be replacing my rear cab mounts when they come in.

Molly

i can't seem to find
Feb 7, 2014
DE
So glad I saw this, replaced almost everything you can replace and it still didn't go away.

Sent from Woodys East Coast Bar and Grill.