LML Intermittent Mis After DEF delete

JaybirdLML

Jun 5, 2016
Mid Michigan
Hi guys, I am new to the forum here. Looking for some help/suggestions. I have a LML with 150k that has never given me problems, beside the emission system, which i deleted ~three weeks ago. Truck was tuned before, and got new tuning to accommodate the delete. DP back exhaust and left the egr cooler alone. Truck has a lift pump and fuel filter delete. Now onto the problems. After this was done truck ran great, no issues, until day 2 after the delete. I came to a stop at a light, sat for a min with traffic, went to take off and the truck fell right on its face. No power and fogging white smoke for about 4-5 secs then came right out of it like nothing happened. this exact thing has happened 4 more times in the last three weeks. All the same situation. Stop at a light/stop sign/ idle outside the store for a min, and when i go to give it some throttle it will barely pull itself. I have hunted for a short that i figured i may have bumped during the delete process, checked injector balance rates both idling before and during one of these episodes. All seem fine. Where do i look next? Has anyone had any issue with tuning loading too much fuel at idle? That's almost the way it acts like its choking on fuel until it gets any intake pressure. Also, what should MAF sensor be reading at idle?

LML6600DMAX

Dec 9, 2015
There are 3 connections that need to be unplugged to disable the egr from opening. I would unplug and see if that fixes your issues first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Unplug the EGR, and the throttle valve connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JaybirdLML

Jun 5, 2016
Mid Michigan
I will give that a shot in the morning after work. If that fixes it i will gladly take looking like a fool to have this fixed. :thumb: I was under the impression it would stay closed.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
LMLs don't really do anything they are supposed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Mid Michigan -- where at? That looks like a woodpile at Deveraux Saw Mill or Michigan Veneer.

JaybirdLML

Jun 5, 2016
Mid Michigan
Yeah it would appear problem solved, no issues over the past few days. Funny it took me weeks of guessing and checking things for the answer to be "did you read the directions?" Haha. Oh well, I'm happy it's fixed. Thanks everyone.