LB7: Intercooler tubes

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Can you just have the holes welded up (like I did) and cut the small end off the preI/C tube and then have a bead welded around it and go 3" all the way back up to the turbo (like some of us have)? I didn't do anything to the post I/C tube. The air is cooled down alot more over there and isn't able to take as much advantage of the larger dia (IMO).

On another note. I found the power steering line coming off the steering box had rubbed a hole on my preI/C pipe on the bottom. Any one else see this?

I did not know if Michael (killerbee) was making them or not. Maybe he can chime in?

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
On another note. I found the power steering line coming off the steering box had rubbed a hole on my preI/C pipe on the bottom. Any one else see this?

Mine did not rub through......But it was close

Something else Ive seen is on the opposite side,The clamp on the IC was rubbing a hole in the brake line:eek:

FWIW i did the same as you with the IC pipes

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Rub thru on the PS line is becoming a problem for us LB7 guys. Many many threads over at the Place about it. Most just weld it up.

Now whats this about cutting and beading? It helps? How much? Yeah, here we go again.....:rofl:

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
im gonna coat mine with rattle can bed liner when i take them out again so they wont get rubbed through. its got couple spots where its been rubbed on. right now their painted flat black

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Rub thru on the PS line is becoming a problem for us LB7 guys. Many many threads over at the Place about it. Most just weld it up.

Now whats this about cutting and beading? It helps? How much? Yeah, here we go again.....:rofl:

As far as the PS lines I removed them and replaced with hose

Attachments

• new hoses.jpg
    new hoses.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 10

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I really do need to get under there with a flashlight and see if mine is wearing.

From reading that thread, I shouldnt have to change a thing.

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
i have no problem with them rubbing anything when i align the arrows and lines on them. there's alot of clearance on my truck, its just when i loosen them they start rubbing against stuff.