LLY: Intercooler pipes question

eutsey04

Gearhead
Mar 22, 2013
Scottdale pa
Intercooler pipes question lookin to buy a set but wanted to know if there was a difference in afe n banks or making your own.. And how much of increase in power do u notice it... Thanks guys

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
You won't notice any power gains with your setup. The only time you will notice is pushing alot of air with large chargers.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I think there are more reasons to change out the IC piping, than simply for power.
If your LLY has the EGR motor and all that jazz, then a small amount of overall efficiency is gained by changing out the cold side, throttle response slighty increases..I'd leave the hot side alone until you're out of the 30series/s300 sized chargers...unless maybe running a stg2 3794 or a tweaked s366 or sxe363...you want to keep velocity up before the IC and the smaller framed chargers just don't do that with a 3" hot side...in my experience, you'll lose throttle response and gain a teeny bit of lag by doing so...but, you do increase max flow potential, which comes into play on the top end, theoretically speaking you can gain HP but sadly the smaller charger falls off about the time the power increase from the greater volume hot side pipe would become a factor ;)