LBZ: Intake O-rings

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Does anyone know of someplace like Napa that might have the O-Rings for the intake tube that presses into the bridge? I blew it out last night and killed the o-rings like a tard :rolleyes:. If I HAVE to, I'll go to the dealer and pay $45 each, but I'd MUCH rather not.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
In case anyone ends up in a pinch, O'Reilly's has a "Oil Adapter and Cooler Gasket Assortment", part number 82560, that has one O-Ring that works. The kit is $3.99 and you'd need two kits, but that's a heck of a lot better than $30-$45 for one...

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
If you go to Napa, the part number is #727-2228. Had a tard moment the other day too. Took me forever to find a place driving around with a busted truck. They're the thickest 2 1/4" O rings they have.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Well, those are a fail, unless the tube managed to blow out and the seat it's self back in the bridge.... Thought I was hearing a boost leak, so I started poking around for anything obvious and found that it appears the tube has pushed out of the bridge about 3/16" and one of the O-Rings is pushed out through the crack.... I can't imagine the tube could have moved much... We made it almost exactly like Rick's LLY tube (except for the LBZ piping into the engine) and used 1/8" steel for the brace...

Does anyone know the exact specs on the O-Rings (and/or a suitable replacement)? A fried of mine spec'd it at 85mm ID and 3.5mm thick. Seems like a harder rubber material....

The closest I've found where from Fastenal and grainger.

Last edited:

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
It looks like I've found a suitable replacement for the Iridium/Titanium/Platinum LBZ O-Rings GM Sells. They're size #237. I got them from Fastenal. If the size isn't spot on, it's stupid close, and they feel to be about the same hardness, maybe a touch harder. Assuming they work out, which it appears they will, if anyone needs a set or two, let me know since I have a bag full of them.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Thanks for the orings, but I must have another problem. The 236 I got blew, your 237s blew, GMs blew... I filled my intake system with air and they are usually blowing at 30psi only.