LMM: Injector size

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
You can lean into a 68 stg2r with 40s or bigger and keep it clean without a downshift. Been in a few trucks that Steve setup that way. Some of the best driving ones I’ve been in with that turbo. But again, it comes down to a factor of things if you want that. Some people don’t believe it and that’s fine, I know it can be done as well as those that currently have the setup. I know chaves91 has done the same as well

Quantity of fuel to light a turbo does not mean it’s the same across the board for 100s or 40s. The duration makes a big difference here as well as timing. Pilot injection also comes into affect and so does maf. It can vary greatly

Sounds like you could teach Mark a lot, and he can try to tune my truck again after he's gotten better at it and you think he's ready. :thumb:

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
obviously, I'm being a bit cheeky, and yes I oversimplified. My point is just that there's nothing wrong with the tuning to have a puff before the turbo eats. People right away want to jump all over the tuning and push their flavor of the month. Maybe I've been seeing too much of that on the FB posts and need to relax. LOL

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
IF you do 100% make sure to have them done with LBZ tips not LMM's. LBZ's will run much cleaner and cooler than the lmm's will and you will be a lot happier with them.

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
sorry i have been quite guys, been sorting stuff out with my shitter of an engine.

so its now getting a full rebuild, crank,rods,pistons,maincap studs, etc. so will be going for that nice 700hp max effort right away now.

so plan is from reading everyones comments is stick with the 100% with lbz tips as mark suggested.
and run a 10mm stroker pump.

so keen to get this together a running

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
sorry i have been quite guys, been sorting stuff out with my shitter of an engine.

so its now getting a full rebuild, crank,rods,pistons,maincap studs, etc. so will be going for that nice 700hp max effort right away now.

so plan is from reading everyones comments is stick with the 100% with lbz tips as mark suggested.
and run a 10mm stroker pump.

so keen to get this together a running

The 100% injectors will take care of you very well and will give you room to grow if you need it.

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
If the budget allows the 12mm I will get one haha at this stage all money is going in to the engine build then will be turbo and injectors. Then pump for sure

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
IF you do 100% make sure to have them done with LBZ tips not LMM's. LBZ's will run much cleaner and cooler than the lmm's will and you will be a lot happier with them.

About to buy injectors in about 2 weeks Mark, when you say lbz tips can i just bang an lbz injector in or do i need to go an lmm injector with the 100% tips ?