LB7: Injector Return Line Leak Test

fullpullalex

Moar Powah Pleez
Feb 22, 2013
Mass
Hey all. I have a Mity Vac ready to go for tonight. I am aware of the 15 in-Hg vacuum test...and the 15 psi pressure test to find a leak if the vacuum test fails. However, could someone please point out all potential places to attach the Mity Vac? Valve covers are off, supply and return lines from/to the tank detached, etc. Pictures will help if possible, I have received mixed info in my research. Just looking for clarification on where I can attach the Mity Vac to perform the test while the engine is still in the truck and unoperational at the moment. Any methods that have worked for you will be of great help. Thanks.

Alex

Jul 24, 2013
jacksonville nc
Hook your mighty vac up to the return line to the tank it should be the smaller one of the two, pull the rubber hose off of your cp3 injection pump and plug it with one of the triangular plugs that came with the mighty vac. Then do the vacuum test and use the same return line for the pressure test.

The easiest way to get to your cp3 I'd by removing your ac pump and your antifreeze hose ( which should already be removed) then just ready down there with some long needle nose pliers and pull the rubber hose off!

04 Lb7 cc/SB new guy to the forum