injector pumps

Highaltitudediesel

Jun 18, 2010
I have been informed by the dealership that the low rail pressure and loss of power when trying to pull or accelerate quickly is due to my injector pump. I am thinking about replacing myself and wanted some input on using rebuilt pumps and where to get a good deal. any thoughts?

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
Most rebuilt pumps will have some kinda warranty, It's a pretty good job to replace the cp3, for someone that's done it, It's about a 4.5 hr job. no bs

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah I just did it for the first time, and it has been a huge headache. Mostly because of all the stupid wire looms they have snaked all around the top of the engine, and the brackets for the hoses and wire looms. Oh the horror!! But for real, it isn't too bad. WHAT is really really tough to remove when doing it is the intake crossover pipe thing. The two nuts and two bolts on the back of it are EXTREMELY hard to get at. But you don't have to take off the fan or the ac condenser bracket or anything like what the book says to, just the generator bracket, then all the stuff on top of the motor. I am a newb, so all the professionals will probably laugh at my experience and advice with it, but I just thought I would share!!!