LMM: Injector Data incompatible after new tune

Gutruk

Sep 12, 2016
Rockhampton Australia
G'day all, I have a new tune loaded that is commonly used here in East Australia and works well with our custom conversions. However I now have all the p268 codes coming up for each injector, no worries hook up EFI live tool and copy data from GPM as per instructions posted on Web etc. It all copied fine no errors, cleared the dtc's. After several minutes running still good, took for short drive and they all return.. I have repeated the copy process from GPM several times step by step and each time it does as above. Any tips to try ? I never had these before loading the new tune.. My mate has exactly same tune and no errors..
Thanks

techperry

GM Diesel Tech
Jun 1, 2014
Let me know how it goes if that don't take care of it I will see if there's anything else.

techperry

GM Diesel Tech
Jun 1, 2014
Yeah or a tech2 if you have one. After you copy tune the ignition off for 2 minutes I normally do 5 or so just to make sure. Then restart and they should be learned.

Gutruk

Sep 12, 2016
Rockhampton Australia
Yeah or a tech2 if you have one. After you copy tune the ignition off for 2 minutes I normally do 5 or so just to make sure. Then restart and they should be learned.
Hi, I tried again with my flashscan v2, cleared codes, read GPCM - all ok, copied to ECM, successful. Powered off and rechecked all good.
Drove to work and then checked DTC's again tonight, all codes for injectors are back again ... any more tips to try ? Seems to only occur after a run, vehicle performs and runs fine. It does seems to use quite a bit of fuel however...
Appreciate any leads ... thanks

techperry

GM Diesel Tech
Jun 1, 2014
Can you see your current injector data with efi live? I have a v2 but use my tech 2 for anything like this normally. That code sets when data isn't programmed in the controller but did either controller have it to start?

Gutruk

Sep 12, 2016
Rockhampton Australia
Sum total after a run :
P0622
P0461
P0463
P268C,D,E,
P2690
P2691
P2692
P2693

No efi live cant see the codes, I tried that. original ECm and GPCM, just the new tune uploaded to ECM and then I have had code issues. Original tune never used to bring Eng light on.
Everytime I copy from GPCM and program ECM its successful. Odd !
Still runs fine the whole time..

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Did you do a full flash or a cal flash on the ECU? I would try putting the original tune back and see if the problem remains. That will tell you if it is a tune problem or not.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If the original tune being put back makes it happy again, something is wrong with the new tune. I'd rebuild the new tune off the original tune and flash that.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Gutruk

Sep 12, 2016
Rockhampton Australia
Thank yeah agree, in progress... not that simple over here !
By the way is it possible to retrieve the injector codes from V2 device after copy from GPCM do you know ? Thanks ..