Indiana

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Sooo... Anyone from The Indianapolis area here? I will be moving out there in the next couple of months for my wife's job. The good? The bad? Any insight would be appreciated.

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
Winters suck, pot hole big enough to swallow your truck, if you like truck and tractor pulling you can find them every weekend and during the week anywhere . Danville performance and Fleece performance are just a few miles west of Indy. All in all good place to live and UCC is here.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
I am from an hr. North of Indy, absolutely true on pot holes, weather can give you 4 different seasons with-in a few days, ie. 17deg yesterday, could be 50 deg. today. Indy is nice overall, lots of good restaurants, but I'm sure it will be nothing like Vegas. There are a few drag strips around, always a pull or dirt drags somewhere, has a few bad places like anywhere else. Downtown, Mass Ave, and Broadripple are the bar/resturant areas, Carmel/Zionsville its the Ritzy area. We do lack a little in the off road vehicle area but there are a couple. Its very flat land for the most part unless you go to Southern Indiana

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Racing capital of the world for a reason! We like to go fast, lol! Potholes are horrible and the weather is bi-polar for sure! Probably more reasonable cost of living compared to Vegas but the view is nowhere as good though. Welcome to our home though!:thumb:

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks guys. We just got an offer accepted on a house in Zionsville so now I'm starting to look for work out there. I'm still surprised that I'm moving off the west coast!

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I have been a diesel mechanic for the past 8 years or so, working in repair and performance shop of light duty trucks, no heavy line. Now Im working for a concrete cutting company maintaining a fleet, working on small equipment, and doing some light fabricating.

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
We almost bought a house out there, a few acres with a workshop, but my wife didn't want the commute.

Doesn't YOUR happiness count for anything? LOL.

Good luck with the move, I have been in the same house / shop for 28 years. I dread the thought of trying to pack it all up and move.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006