in need of help

HiBeem

Apr 14, 2015
I have a 2005 6.6 I have been working on for a company I work for came in originally with no acceleration so I pulled codes finding p0087 and p1093 I found a tech. service bulletin said when both of these codes come up that most likely I have cracked injectors so.... I replaced all 8 with injector cups. after repair I went to test drive and still no more than 1000 rpm and still have both codes. following a flowchart i found on "SHOPKEY PRO" led me to 1. replace fuel rail pressure regulator 2. also replaced fuel lines from front fuel tank to engine still no change so I started back at square 1 and everything I read tells me to replace pressure sensor so i warranty the sensor and still no change and I feel like I am over looking something any suggestions?

HiBeem

Apr 14, 2015
sorry for not introducing myself
my name is Jody Beem and I work for borderland construction in Tucson AZ
I did check vacuum @ 5in at idle and remains at 5 as I try to raise the idle

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
Can you command the fuel pressure regulator with your scan tool? If so try commanding it up and compare actual to desired May have a bad pump.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You don't mention it, so just to be clear, you have replaced the fuel filter, right?

What diagnostic/scan tools do you have available? To follow the official GM procedures, you need some way to command rail pressure. A GM Tech 2, EFILive V2, and some SnapOn scanners will let you do this.

At a minimum, you need a basic scan tool to read PIDs. You can unplug the fuel pressure regulator and verify the rail pressure goes to at least 175 MPa at idle. If so, the problem is wiring or electronic. If not, the problem is the fuel pressure regulator (new, should be fine), CP3, fuel restriction (watch vacuum on inlet), or fuel leak (fuel pressure relief valve).

Also, what brand injectors did you install, and from who?

HiBeem

Apr 14, 2015
i have replaced fuel filters twice using donaldson filters i am using a snap-on modis scanner when i command my fuel pressure up it says it goes up @idle des. and actual are the same when i disconnect my fuel pressure goes to 175psi i have completly disconnected all wiring checking ohms. from regulator to pcm there are no broken wires and no short to ground as for my injectors i purchased them from the dealer they are re-man D-MAX injectors

monstertrucklover24

Apr 15, 2015
Hi my name is Joe. I have been a diesel tech for over 20 years and most recently specializing in duramax. This may sound crazy but I experienced the same symptoms you are having. I replaced what you replaced and the readings were all good. What I found was a restriction inside the tank at the fuel supply. Weird as it sounds everything seemed normal but when I removed it it fixed the symptoms and codes present. If you haven't checked for restriction in tank I would urge you to check there now! It took me weeks and if I remeber right as weird is it is I think it was a bit of sunflower seed shel. Goodluck I know it can be frustrating. Let us know what you find! And if that fixes it.

-joe 20 year diesel tec.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Did you check return rates, balance rates, actual vs commanded pressure before you started replacing everything? Just wondering

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

HiBeem

Apr 14, 2015
ok so i finally finished my duramax problem i want to thank everyone that took the time to help me. the problem ended up being a bad fuel pressure relief valve on the back of my fuel injection pump truck runs great now wishing i would have came here before reading tech service bulletins and assuming i needed injectors. oh well at least this was a good learning experiance for me THANKS AGAIN!!!

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Glad it's fixed and that simple. Next time ask first haha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk