I'm stumped!! Fuel/Boost issue...

Duvall

Phillip Duvall
Sep 12, 2012
nc
I'm stumped!!! I can't find help anywhere! My truck has been acting strange the past couple of days nothing major at first but has been progressing.. It started with noticing the lack of performance pulling up a grade which it has never done, started paying real close attention to my gauges and noticed my boost would drop and raise back up while rpms stayed pretty consistent. Looked at my fuel rail pressure gauge and it's doing the same thing.. I watched it drop 8000 psi's going up hill holding the same gear and same throttle position you can actually feel the power fading. I have burnt 5 tanks of fuel in the past two days! I got the code checked and it was po101 so I cleaned the air filter and maf sensor and checked for any boost or fuel lines leaking (appeared fine) then cleared the code and it seemed like it was just fine with no code until about ten minutes later.. The fuel filter was changed about 6,000 miles ago but I will be changing that in the morning but do yall have any idea of what this might be??? I really need this fixed asap! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Posted via Mobile Device

nar

Now with less _
Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
Maf sensors do sometimes just go bad. Had that happen on brother's lmm. Rail pressure normal the rest of the time?

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
What is you air dog doing would it be possible it has a bad connection and your loosing lift pump pressure?

Duvall

Phillip Duvall
Sep 12, 2012
nc
Come to find out the MAF sensor needed cleaning. I couldn't believe how much it affected the performance. Thanks for the replies