Im Back- and looking to DPC 2016

From reading those threads, it sounds like you all are upset that the people you wanted didnt get in, and yes lame excuse I agree for Andrew. I am not associated with any big names so hopefully if I get enough votes I get in, if not then oh well. Is the whole issue just with the voting to get in? or the actual challenge itself?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
When did the last duramax win?

Aren't the amount of trucks split evenly between Dodge, GM and Ford? I think a lot of people got tired of spending thousands of dollars on travel and pit crew to only be padding the pockets of a magazine. People go to events like the NHRDA and NADM(ah) to compete yet you don't hear the strong distaste for the NHRDA right? Why is that do you think?

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Welcome back Kelsie, and congrats on the truck :thumb: As far as DPC, if you want to do it, just do it and see for yourself. Any plans on coming down to Edmonton for some testing?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Poor showing for the GM crowd? Since when? :confused:

And I personally do wish you luck for wanting to go, but your in for a rude awakening.

Brian, we were all in for a rude awakening when we were born. You went out there and did some great things. What makes you think that Kelsie won't kick some serious ass? Don't ever tell Kat she can't do something.:eek:
I think a lot of guys try and think too much when they compete. Women are different. Women look at a car or truck as something to be used and not think about what will happen. Balls to the wall and let it rip.
My wife says bumpers were put on trucks to bump things otherwise why would they call them that. And yes she bumps things.:roflmao::dontknow:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Your right Mike, it just sucks that it's not all that it's cracked up to be. Lots of $$ involved and sadly, hardly any is for the actual competitors, hell, doesn't Amsoil give more to the winnings than the actual magazine does?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Your right Mike, it just sucks that it's not all that it's cracked up to be. Lots of $$ involved and sadly, hardly any is for the actual competitors, hell, doesn't Amsoil give more to the winnings than the actual magazine does?

You know this going in. You either do it for yourself or don't do it. Don't complain. Nothing in this world is fair.

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
I had a good experience at the dpc. I didn't spend much. I drove my competition truck 1700 miles to the event and was lucky enough not to get bit by mechanical failure. I gained a lot of exposure as well. There were some rule changes to let competitors have a shot at a better performance. If its something you want to do, I say do it!

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
I don't think the members here are against you, they just hate to see you put so much money and effort into something that helps Diesel Power so much and helps you so little. If you do decide to compete I personally and Im sure allot more here will gladly vote for you.

X2. Just tell me where to fill my ballot :thumb:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I think if you're a private shop entering a truck, its great exposure. I'd like to think Tony @ Allseason really set things off for his business after competing. BUT then again, that's the kind of thing everyone seems to frown upon.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
You should start by practicing backing up with a skidsteer on a trailer. Do this over and over until you are a pro and can do it blindfolded. Drink lots of raw eggs and use meat as a punching bag. Then Practice drag racing with a skidsteer on a trailer. Im sure your local track wont mind at all. Just tell them its for the most bestest magazine in the whole universe. I feel if you can place at the top in those two major events, you have a great chance of winning. Oh and wait until the week before the DPC and change everything on your truck. I heard that really helps. Good luck! :thumb::D

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
You should start by practicing backing up with a skidsteer on a trailer. Do this over and over until you are a pro and can do it blindfolded. Drink lots of raw eggs and use meat as a punching bag. Then Practice drag racing with a skidsteer on a trailer. Im sure your local track wont mind at all. Just tell them its for the most bestest magazine in the whole universe. I feel if you can place at the top in those two major events, you have a great chance of winning. Oh and wait until the week before the DPC and change everything on your truck. I heard that really helps. Good luck! :thumb::D

Always thought it was funny watching some of those guys backing up trailers.. Clearly not very good at it

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Always thought it was funny watching some of those guys backing up trailers.. Clearly not very good at it

I always thought it funny to have it included in a truck competition when the truck has zero to do with it. I'll back a trailer in faster with a beater shortbed 1500 then most can do it with a 1000hp diesel! :rofl:

Thanks everyone! And yeah I dont really need need anyones approval, I am just going to work my butt of practicing and getting everything where it needs to be. I just hope for advice from you guys along the way, every little bit I can get out of preparation for this will be valued greatly.
I hope to be racing the new 10.90 class in edmonton at the NHRDA event in August!

Going for it!

Well I'm in the voting, and so is KatieP! I think it would be epic if we both made it into DPC. A whole lot has changed since I first made this post. We completely had to rebuild the truck. New DFC motor, new No Zone trans, rebuilt turbos, bigger turbo exhaust housing on the 71mm, rcv cv axles, rare parts new tie rods, new exhaust, new brakes, new wheels, and a whole exterior facelift.
Took her down to ATS Dyno, made 1180/2114 on the inside dyno and 1334/2119 on the outside dyno to win the unlimited class. This is fuel only but they are corrected dyno numbers.
So I hope you guys have thrown in some votes for us if any of you buy Diesel Power mag still!

Attachments

• K 10.jpg
    K 10.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 67
  • K 3.jpg
    K 3.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 73
  • K 13.jpg
    K 13.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I'll pick up a copy and vote for you guys. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

roxyfever

Feb 11, 2016
terrell tx
I say go for it. I have been disappointed in duramaxs performance last few years. Hope you can get in and experience it! I still want to compete someday but it wont happen anytime soon