I NEED EVERYONE'S INPUT! Increasing stock on GM pins/connectors!!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Hi everyone- As you guys know, I currently stock Duramax ECM/TCM pins and connectors, as these are commonly needed for DSP-5 switches, overdrive lockout switches, high-idle wiring, etc... Dealers rarely have the correct pins in stock, and if they do have them in stock, they are usually overpriced and difficult for the parts counter to locate.

Anyway, recently I have had lots of people emailing me and PM'ing me looking for other miscellaneous GM connectors/pins that are used throughout our trucks.

In that light, in order to better serve you guys, Im looking to start keeping a wider range of GM connectors/pins in stock so I can get them shipped out to you guys much faster, and for less overall expense.

Im looking for input on what various connectors and pin are commonly needed and you guys would like to see me keep in stock and readily available...

To start out the list, here are a couple items that I am thinking of...feel free to add to the list and Ill do my best to get them stocked and available in my online store!

-headlight connectors/sockets
-speaker connectors/pins (as these commonly corrode resulting in a dead speaker which can make it appear like the speaker is blown)
-instrument cluster pins (these are also used in the radio connectors, BCM connectors, etc)
-ABS wheel speed sensor connectors/pins
-transmission speed sensor connectors/pins
-engine wiring harness bale connector pins (sometimes these pins get bent/wrecked when disconnecting/connecting the two big bale connectors on top of the engine)

What else?

thanks
Ben

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
The plug that goes to your fpr. I could not find just the pins so I had to pay for a overprced complete female plug.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The plug that goes to your fpr. I could not find just the pins so I had to pay for a overprced complete female plug.

I agree, i need one for mine too. The az heat made all my engine connections pretty brittle. My fuel temp sensor female plug is broke too

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL

I agree, i need one for mine too. The az heat made all my engine connections pretty brittle. My fuel temp sensor female plug is broke too

x2 I had to modify the plug when I did the lbz reg....so now it just sits on it and doesn't lock.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Any of the connectors on the engine, Ben. They get dried out and become brittle and can break on teardown/removal. For example....the plug into the main engine harness for the small harness that drops down the drivers front of the engine behind the PS pump.

Any of the glowplug module parts.

LB7 glowplug bus bars

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Harness pigtails for the HVAC resistor pack. Mine went out and the replacement was $40.
My fan gives off a very stong smoke/burning plastic odor when on the high setting. I only run it on lower setting for the time being until I can get it properly diagnosed and repaired. If this part is what I need consider one sold.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Fog light connectors. And if you have one ill take one!

Yes, Ill get fog light connectors up on the website.

And another thing I can do in addition to the fog-light connectors, is also sell the "mating" connector, so if you guys have aftermarket fog lights or something that dont match up with the factory connectors, you'll be able to buy the mating connector from me. So that way, you dont have to cut into your factory wiring/cut off the factory fog light connectors.

And that goes for most other connectors as well...if you have a custom accessory that you want to hook up to an existing connector on your truck, but dont want to cut wiring, I can provide you with the appropriate mating connector, so that way you can make your own "plug-and-play" pigtail! :thumb:

Ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ive got lots of new inventory on the way, hopefully Ill have lots of new connectors and wiring-related items added to my online store by this weekend or early next week.

So far Im adding:

CP3 connectors

speaker connectors (im also going to add the mating connector for the factory speaker connectors so if you want to add aftermarket speakers to you truck, you wont have to cut any wires!)

fog light connectors (also going to add the fog light mating connectors so you can wire in aftermarket fog lights without cutting/ruining your factory fog light wiring!)

remote-mount OBD port kits (so you can have your EFILive V1/V2 plugged in without having it hitting your knee, getting the wire tangled in the steering wheel, etc)

hard-wire kits for EFILive V2. This will allow you to do a nice "stealth" installation of your V2, with just an RJ45 connector coming out of your dash so you dont have your V2 OBD cable cluttering up the interior, and so you can keep your V2 hidden away while still plugged in.

ABS wheel speed sensor connectors (common for these to get corrosion on them, resulting in false ABS activations at low speeds, and ABS warning lights)

03-07 manual HVAC blower motor connectors

and much more too!

Keep the suggestions coming!!!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Wow i like that abs wire deal i can't tell you how many trucks i get that say they have bad wheel sensors.Lookin good Ben looks like you have really turned things around.:thumb:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Alright everyone! I got a massive box of connectors in last night, Ive started adding them to my website. I hope to have them all up complete with nice detailed pictures by tonight.

The fuel injector connectors and FPR connectors are going to be priced much cheaper than the dealer (dealer list is $60 for just one connector with 6" tail).

Im also going to put together my own injector repair kit, also priced much cheaper than the dealer (dealer list on the injector connector "repair kit" is somewhere around $250 IIRC???)

Im also starting to sell automotive/OEM-grade "TXL" wire in lots of different colors.

Please keep the suggestions for more connectors coming!

Ben