i hit the dyno today

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i hit a mustang dyno today and it put down some good #'s, they are all uncorected and our elevation is around 4500, best run was 505 hp and 979 lbs of torque :D did several runs and backed some pw out of it along with a couple degrees timing and gained 3-5 hp , found w/m to be worth 20 hp and 50 lbs of torque, but dont know what the mixture was but it was alot of fun, wish i would of got some before #'s cause i just got my feed pipes put on this morning and went to the dyno right after , oh well. i'm happy with the #'s :)

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
the one thing i'm confused about is with a race weight of a guestimate of 6600 lbs and a trap speed of almost 109 these #'s should be higher , i know that a dyno is mostly a tuning tool but i have seen other dyno slips from -people running less trap speed than me with much higher dyno #/s any have some insight to this ?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Two words.

Mustang and altitude

It might just be me. But, I would rather run the number then dyno it :rockon:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Two words.

Mustang and altitude

It might just be me. But, I would rather run the number then dyno it :rockon:

your are right but sometime the primate inside wants to run around and beat his chest :bow::rofl:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
If you want the "highest" dyno numbers:

Sea level in winter.
Tall tires.
Superflow in ProAccel mode, using STD correction.
Big fan.
Freeze intercooler with CO2 or Nitrous bottle.

If you received the "data file" on disk, you can view it at home, and use STD correction to watch how much gain you get. It can be over 100rwhp on some trucks.

But, what you really want is repeatable numbers from session to session.

My guess is you could inflate your number 100rwhp based on your setup by using different dyno techniques. But you would not go 0.1 quicker on the track.

A "dirty little secret" is that when the LB7 Tuner Wars were going hot and heavy in 2004, most the high numbers were STD correction and other tricks. Folk would run an advertised "500HP" tune and get 440HP out of it on 90% of the dynos when done publically.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
If you want the "highest" dyno numbers:

Sea level in winter.
Tall tires.
Superflow in ProAccel mode, using STD correction.
Big fan.
Freeze intercooler with CO2 or Nitrous bottle.

If you received the "data file" on disk, you can view it at home, and use STD correction to watch how much gain you get. It can be over 100rwhp on some trucks.

But, what you really want is repeatable numbers from session to session.

My guess is you could inflate your number 100rwhp based on your setup by using different dyno techniques. But you would not go 0.1 quicker on the track.

A "dirty little secret" is that when the LB7 Tuner Wars were going hot and heavy in 2004, most the high numbers were STD correction and other tricks. Folk would run an advertised "500HP" tune and get 440HP out of it on 90% of the dynos when done publically.

i'm really not trying to cheat, i already knew the #'s would be low cause if it being a mustang it just got me thinking and paying more attention to other people dyno sheets. in my opinion a time slip counts more than the dyno ,just curious why trucks running slower than me are dynoing more and why, sounds like you hit the nail on the head :)