Hydroboost /master cylinder leak ???s

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
Every once in a while I notice my hydroboost has a residue on it. I clean it off and it stays dry for months at a time and then it will show up again. I have started getting a little noise when my brake pedal is depressed as well. I have never flushed it and just rolled over 100k miles. I did read where some people have replaced the seals in the H/B unit with success. Any suggestions????

rms2012

Dec 7, 2011
Phoenix
My unit leaks a little as well. But, no drops - just an oily, greasy residue on the unit and the high pressure line.
I've flushed mine twice & it needs to be done again.
I replaced the brake master cylinder two weeks ago along with new Russel lines and DOT 4 fluid.
And, I could see exactly where the hydroboost was leaking. It needs to be rebuilt.
The o-ring kit is about $50 with shipping from PirateJack.com - only two o-rings in the kit are used.

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
Thanks man. I found those seals online after posting. I will order them and swap them, flush the system and keep my fingers crossed.

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
I'm bumping this up because I called piratejack today to order a hydroboost rebuild kit and the guy told me he only has kits for 04 and earlier. Does anyone know if they changed in 05 and if this kit will indeed work. Thanks for any help.