HP limit on LLY injectors.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Subscribing :D

I find the timing discussion interesting. I always heard timing is what will kill an engine...but nobody can find that line.

cmitchell, I have found that a couple degrees over stock, without added fuel, will reduce egt's.

[email protected]

cmitchell17
Sep 8, 2008
The problem with me is that I don't take the time to do accurate tests on the things I do with efilive. So I just make changes and drive it to see if it feels different.

I wish there was real time tuning so we could see what the timing does.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
To me, timing seems like it does absolutely nothing when ever I change it. It is the same way with a gas engine too. The only thing I notice that does anything when I change it is fueling?

How much are you changing it? and Have you taken a look at the limiting tables?

[email protected]

cmitchell17
Sep 8, 2008
Yeah I know about the limiting tables, mainly I was just changing it in the cruise areas for mileage. But I did not notice anything.

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
Anyone know what a Roadrunner ECM goes for these days? I want!

Moates Roadrunner makes it real-time :coolspot:

I had a roadrunner in my 03 LB7 and it only took a week for it to show up. It will cost $850 for a roadrunner. Definately a badass tool. I did have a problem with radio interference with that ECM though.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
I had a roadrunner in my 03 LB7 and it only took a week for it to show up. It will cost $850 for a roadrunner. Definately a badass tool. I did have a problem with radio interference with that ECM though.
Everyone I know that had one had issues. I know of one truck that ran far better after replacing it with the stock ECM even though the same tune was in them.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
Two sets of pistons were melted. Both from high boost + high EGT + nitrous.

This thread though is just a way for me to store my notes. When I originally did my math a couple years ago, I didn't look at the MIPW table close enough.

Try this, go to the 160mpa column. Subtract 200 from all the values. Divide msec by mm3 which gives you time per mm3 injected. Watch it climb after 40mm.

This is how you take notes?

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
No, this how I record notes. ;)

If it becomes a problem, I can hide them.

Someone was sent on a temp banned by asking questions on your "notes"

That is a problem when you ban people for asking questions. :eek:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
NO!.... pretty please :D It's information I like reading as I'm sure many others do too..... If someone doesn't like it, they can pound sand. Please dont hide it.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
No, this how I record notes. ;)

If it becomes a problem, I can hide them.

you dont have to hide them, I was just curious. Personally I have blue binder with lots notes and plenty of other setup books, receipts, motor spec sheets ect. in the top drawer in the garage.