Hows this look?

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
I've kind of had this idea in my head for awhile, but not really excited to spend $180 on a 6" stack, hack it up and decide I dont like it then. I kinda mocked some pics up tonight, this is a 5" somthing, maybe Aussie maybe not, I bought it from DP a few years back. And would this suffice track rules saying exhaust must exit upwards? Opinions welcome, kind, harsh or otherwise. The stack choice if I go through with this would be either a 6" Aussie or Bullhauler, I have a hard time visualizing which one would work, best.

And has anyone found a place selling raw unfinished steel stacks or blems. I figure I need 24" at the most.

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Different. Would this be for street use too or just track?

Mostly street, if I can stop buying hunting gear long enough to finish my tranny I'd like to hit the drag strip this summer, since its only 6 miles away. It does'nt look the way I want it to, in these pics since the pipes not big enough, and after the bend I dont think it comes out far enough. Looks weird in proportion to my cab size, and step bars. But the step bars are going to get removed tommorow night. I like what I see, in the middle picture, but the first picture just doesnt seem right to me.

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
i would put a single 6inch miter 30 degree cut but its all up to you :thumb:

Kind of leaning towards that now, some ideas just arent meant to materialize. lol, if I have a hard time convincing myself to do somthing then I probably shouldnt do it.

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
The black wheels look so much better on there! I think if you put a black 6 inch mitre stack on it you would have a sweet set up!:thumb:

I know it man, looks so much better than the awkward set-up it had the last time you seen it.

Here's a pick today without the step bars. Dirty from all the dust in the garage over the winter, since I dont have the luxury of beautiful unsalted roads like you guys. lol I might make it through Fort Collins, this fall, I'll have to buy you dinner or beers or somthing.

DSC_0170.jpg

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
I like the idea. I think it just needs a little refinement. A 6" Aussie would look a lot better IMO. When I still had my Duramax I wanted to run a Aussie in the normal single stack spot but turned straight back.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Truck is looking great man, definelty a step in the right direction with the BMF's:thumb: And NO GOOD is my opinion on the mini stack thing you got going :hug:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Im sure u no but just keep in mind that when u do your stack make sure they are a little higher then your cab so it will cut down on noise and if they are aussie they will cut down on some of the suit. Also if u have anyone that rides with you then u may wanna check into getting a reasnatior ( Dang i cant spell sorry ) But are lly was so loud in the cab no one in the back seat could here you when u were talking. But are stack was also half way up are back glass i got a vidoe to show you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPSOSg5wRRo