Question: How to Route PCv into exaust system ?

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
How would you go about doing this or wht would be the best way and wht parts would be needed ect. Im tired of smelling it in the cab Thanks

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Weld a bung on the exhaust and run the hose to it. It is best if the bung protrudes into the exhaust a little to help with the venturie effect. Ok, have to go chase down my new kitten:rofl:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
They already make an engineered kit for waht you need buddie!

Well in alot of drag cars they run whats called an evacuator system, Like BUICK said, its a special shaped venturi that protrudes onto the exhaust stream to pull in crankcase vapors. They also use a check valve to ensure your exhaust dosnet go into the crankcase.

Heres what you need...
http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynatech/329/85-100950/10002/-1 Dynatech kit, no valve
http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/97800/10002/-1 Moroso, checkvalve ONLY
http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/25900/10002/-1 Moroso Complete Kit (2)

Id for sure run a checkvalve in this system if it were me!
I'd weld it into the downpipe or frontpipe if it were me (which i might just do now too!) Im not sure on how well it would work on a muffled or Cat conv. system because this needs as low back pressure as possible to work its best.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
sweet thanks :hug: i was just going to ask if it wold be ok to go in the down pipe wasent sure about the heat? but def would be alot easier to take tht off and have the parts welded on and istall back in the truck tht way.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Its best to do it on the smallest part of your exhaust (prob DP)because velocity with be highest and will create the best vacume on your PCV. Def run a checkvalve

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Its best to do it on the smallest part of your exhaust (prob DP)because velocity with be highest and will create the best vacume on your PCV. Def run a checkvalve
theres allready a couple psi tht comes out now. could it ever draw to much air out or any thing like tht any down sides to it ?

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
theres allready a couple psi tht comes out now. could it ever draw to much air out or any thing like tht any down sides to it ?

You could run a catch can to see how much oil your drawing out. The closer you can get to a vacume the better the rings will seat, its kinda like a redneck vacume pump:rofl:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
OK i got the venturi peice and and check valve. what would be the best way to install this in the down pipe. i was thinking at the steepest downward angle possible but wasent sure. and at the top middle or bottom of the down pipie. and also how far inside of it. it didnt come with any directions. any help wuld be great thanks

Attachments

• IMG00003-20090128-1451.jpg
    IMG00003-20090128-1451.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 33

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Has anyone ever measured backpressure in the exhaust system-post turbo?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
with a check valve, it really wouldnt matter how perfect it angled into the exhaust as long as its straight or down a little. Theres always gonna be positive pressure from the pcv any way.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Keep in mind that in the factory design, the pcv goes into the intake pre-turbo which is a zero positive pressure environment, and the LB7's go to atmosphere-also zero positive pressure.

Going into the exhaust which may have positive pressure could be bad. The system was not designed to operate against positive pressure.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, simply that some testing needs to be done before doing this. Personally, I hope it does work-I too hate the oil smell.

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
My truck drips oil from the pcv reroute hose occasionally. As far as how much I'm not sure but it's not alot. But you can smell it if the breeze is in the right direction.

Yes Pat, the valve such as it is, is in the valve covers.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Hey Bud, angle and depth of the venturi fitment is critical! I found a PDF file from Moroso themselves! http://moroso.com/catalog/images/25900_inst.pdf

Hope that helps, keep us posted:hug:

Course, all you need to pay attention to is the venturi parts since your already plumbed up!

Thank you very much I figured it would be important. I will get it over to the welder and hopefully it goes smooth Thanks Again :hug:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Keep in mind that in the factory design, the pcv goes into the intake pre-turbo which is a zero positive pressure environment, and the LB7's go to atmosphere-also zero positive pressure.

Going into the exhaust which may have positive pressure could be bad. The system was not designed to operate against positive pressure.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, simply that some testing needs to be done before doing this. Personally, I hope it does work-I too hate the oil smell.

well only one way to find out LOL :D I friken hate the smell sitting in traffic is the worse. odly when its raing out i never smell it. I really hope this will create some vacume at the same time and help draw it out even quicker. Any one else see any issues with why this wouldent work or would cause any issues ? Going to try to ge thise welded up tomarow. Thanks

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Tommy this might sound dumb but why not run a piece of hose long enough to exit behind the cab?

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Tommy this might sound dumb but why not run a piece of hose long enough to exit behind the cab?

dont want the added weight :rofl::D no becuase im hopeing to one have a much cleaner instalation this way. and hopeing to get some vacume affect to help seal things up better. and with it going out the exaust pipe it will be gone from me haveing to smell it forever. plus should keep it protected from the elments alot beter :D