LBZ: How many miles is too many?

NickRummy

Mar 24, 2011
So, I've been on the hunt for an LBZ for some time now. My price range puts an LBZ at around 100k miles or more. I've found a few with right around 100k miles and RARELY some under 100k.

Right now I'm looking at an 06 with 125k. It's technically an LLY but from what I've read it's an LBZ motor with the LLY tune. Fine with me.

It's an '06 CC SB, LT, 4x4, MBRP exhaust, intake and 125k miles. Looks to be in good shape. Haven't seen it in person yet. New Michelin silent armors. Asking price is $23,500 and he said he has some wiggle room. I'm thinking I can get it for $22-$22,500 which is right where I want to be.

So would you be nervous buying an 06 with 125k on it?

I could go back a year and find an '05 with lower miles but from I've been reading it's worth trying to find an '06 or newer for the LBZ and 6 speed?

EDIT: Looking for a CC only. I have an 18 month old now and another youngin on the way :D

Last edited:

NickRummy

Mar 24, 2011
i bought my truck 3 years ago with 40k on it its a 07 lbz for 24k

Where?! Is it an LT? I'm willing to take a weekend to drive and stay the night in a hotel if it means getting the truck I want at a good price.....

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
Where?! Is it an LT? I'm willing to take a weekend to drive and stay the night in a hotel if it means getting the truck I want at a good price.....

i bought mine in pa yes it is a LT just keep a eye out there are good deals out there i would not spend that kind of money on a high milage truck

vzfarms

Mar 8, 2010
near Dayton, Ohio
125k is not bad, look at the truck and see what type of condition its in. Expect issues like tie rod ends, wheel bearings etc to eventually go bad at that mileage though. If it still runs like new, like it should don't worry about those miles, unless its had a hard life.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Had my 4x4 ext cab 06 for over a year, picked it up stock, 1 owner with 93k for 22.5k out the door. (and that's not some kind of 1 time killer steal of a deal, that was just at or slightly under private party value) Keep looking if he won't come down quite a bit, they are out there.

As far as miles, depends on how it was taken care of. Wouldn't be a afraid of higher miles if it looks to have not been beaten to death. There are a few things that wear out regardless, so keep those things in mind (Like wheel bearings or the water pump for example.. though there is no set amount of miles at which those things will go lol)

Jasondt2001

May 3, 2008
Salinas, Ca
My truck (in sig) has just rolled 92k on it and tuned from 30k miles on... no problems knock on wood.

The work truck I just got has 140k miles on it, it's an 07 LBZ also but xcab and long bed 2500. Truck runs great, and I know the maintanence has been change the oil every 10k, fuel filter when needed and the trans done at 100k... not ideal, and the truck's been USED like advertised - and more. LOL.

Added:

Also, I was borrowing another truck at work that was an 06 and had 176k used miles on the clock - the only thing I did notice was the steering felt loose - Other than that, It ran great also!

So far so good on both - good luck!

thelug

Mar 28, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
So, I've been on the hunt for an LBZ for some time now. My price range puts an LBZ at around 100k miles or more. I've found a few with right around 100k miles and RARELY some under 100k.

Right now I'm looking at an 06 with 125k. It's technically an LLY but from what I've read it's an LBZ motor with the LLY tune. Fine with me.

It's an '06 CC SB, LT, 4x4, MBRP exhaust, intake and 125k miles. Looks to be in good shape. Haven't seen it in person yet. New Michelin silent armors. Asking price is $23,500 and he said he has some wiggle room. I'm thinking I can get it for $22-$22,500 which is right where I want to be.

So would you be nervous buying an 06 with 125k on it?

I could go back a year and find an '05 with lower miles but from I've been reading it's worth trying to find an '06 or newer for the LBZ and 6 speed?

EDIT: Looking for a CC only. I have an 18 month old now and another youngin on the way :D
I just got my truck Friday. 2008 Crewcab 55k 2wd Z71. I love it!! There were a few more around the state comparable in price. If ya wanna drive to FL I'll find the links.

NickRummy

Mar 24, 2011
I just got my truck Friday. 2008 Crewcab 55k 2wd Z71. I love it!! There were a few more around the state comparable in price. If ya wanna drive to FL I'll find the links.

I'm looking for a very specific truck. 06/07 LLY or LBZ, 4x4, Crew Cab, LT, Short bed. I've found a few trucks for around $25-$26k that I've made $23k offers on and the buyers had an interest. The problem is getting out of town quick enough to check the trucks out before they're sold. It's been really hard finding this truck for this price though.

NickRummy

Mar 24, 2011
I'll let you know how many is too many as soon as I figure it out

I know there are trucks out there with high mileage but the higher the mileage, the higher the chance it was neglected at some point. I have a hard time spending $15-$20k on something with 200k miles on it. That's a big gamble to take.