How do you check a FPR in a LLY?

Mossy D

May 7, 2012
East Sparta Ohio
How do you test fuel regulator on 05 LLY n What are specs ? Its all stock want to get it to run rite before i tune it . What is the best tuner to use dont want to change any parts just want a little more go its a daily driver n dont want to tear trans out any help would b great since this is my first diesel truck .

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
welcome to dd. what part of n.c are you from? you would need something like efi live to see what your f.p.r is doing, when mine was bad the rail pressure would fluctuate up and down quit a bit at idle. as far as tuners, ppe is great plug and play wise, efi live is king..

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
How do you test fuel regulator on 05 LLY n What are specs ? Its all stock want to get it to run rite before i tune it . What is the best tuner to use dont want to change any parts just want a little more go its a daily driver n dont want to tear trans out any help would b great since this is my first diesel truck .

You.... could... start your own thread ;)

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
What is the problem you are having that you think its the FPR? Loping at idle?

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
yeah u know when a fpr is out because it kinds makes the truck sound like it has a big cam at idle i have done two myself on lb7s they suck to change for me cuz i got big paws for hands but i can thing of worst things to work on lol

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
If u can log it or even watch comm vs actual (edge cts, tech 2, efi, ppe, etc) rail pressure and see actual fluctuating a lot, it could be indicative of a sticky fpr. Tty running a quart or two of atf, diesel kleen or power service through it. The ulsd fuel we now have to run somdtimes causes it to act up due to diff/lack of lubrication in the fuel. Found both of mine surging a few times an that always seemed to calm it down.