How about the Illinois members?

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
How bout a roll call, would like to know who to PM about midwest meets organized on other forums, etc.

Eventually, i'll get a big midwest meet organized somehow and it'll be great, because im sick of only having 10people showup to meets lol.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I'm in! there's quite a few Illinois buys on here. what kind of events are you into? there's a lot of sledpulling up around the sandwich area

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I'll post up a schedule of our local pulls as soon as I see one. I'll also post up the rules for a couple of different classes

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
i wanna get into sled pulling but im not quite sure where to start lol. Maybe i need to talk to some of ya'll that have been in the circuit for awhile. I'd definately like to pull this summer.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
These are the rules for our newest class in ISP

General Truck Safety Rules
1. Seatbelts are required and must be worn during the pull.
2. Truck must have kill switch that will cut power to the coil on spark ignition engines; diesel engines require an air shut off; if truck has electric fuel pump switch must break current to fuel pump. Switch must have 2” diameter ring and be located in truck centerline, and no more than 6” from the rear most part of truck.
3. All trucks must have a SFI approved flywheel and rotating clutch parts. SFI numbers must be given to tech official at time of certification.
4. All trucks must have a steel bell-housing or approved scatter blanket. Blanket must be secured 360 degrees around flywheel or side shields.
5. All trucks with automatic transmissions must have an approved scatter blanket, which must cover 360degrees around converter and valve body; or SFI approved side shields, which must cover top and sides with additional shield on bottom of transmission of .060 inch steel or .090inch aluminum.
6. All engine drive fans must be shrouded with steel 1/16” min.360 degrees, at least as wide as the fan blades.
7. Truck must have motor shields if inner fenders are removed; motor shield must be .060 inch steel or .090inch aluminum, and must extend from the bottom of the head to the top of the frame rail. Hitch device must be no less than 1” thick. Must have 2 ½ wide by 3 ¼ long opening parallel with the ground
8. Each drive shaft must have 2 loops made of 3/8” x ¾” thick aluminum, 5/16” x ¾” wide steel, or ¼”x1” wide steel minimum. Driveshaft between the transmission and transfer case need only 1 loop if drive shaft is no more than 12” long.
9. Each U joint must be shielded 360 degrees made of minimum 3/16” thick aluminum or 1/8”thick steel and must be at least 6” wide.
10. Weights must be safely secured, no weights in cab or engine compartment. Weight lost or touching the ground while truck is hooked to sled is a disqualification.
11. Fuel tank may not be located in cab unless factory installed in stock location, no fuel tanks in engine compartment.
12. Truck must be equipped with minimum of one 2 ½ lb. dry chemical or halon fire extinguisher. Fire extinguisher must have working gauge, be fully charged, and in working condition. Fire extinguisher must be mounted convenient to operator.
13. If vehicle originally had doors, they must be on and closed during pull. Driver’s door must open from the inside and outside.
14. Truck must have ¼” steel shield 1” wide 360 degrees around harmonic balancer, water pump may be used, SFI excluded. All must have straps ¼” x 1” that keep harmonic balancer from working forward.

7500 Stock Appearing 4 x 4 Diesel Truck
1. General truck safety rules 1-14. All apply. No exceptions.
2. Truck must have stock frame and working front suspensions and axle available from one ton or smaller pickup placed in proper location, to be determined by truck frame and body. Working rear suspension required. No airbags, hydraulics, block or other assisting devices of any type on front or rear suspension, hitch or weight bar. Torsion bars allowed.
3. Truck body must match frame of truck, must retain full factory frame. Truck must have full box, all major OEM body components in proper location, with no holes in body or hood for intake or exhaust except for box. Cowl hoods allowed but cannot be fiberglass or composite, not hood scoops. Truck must have all lights installed in proper location. No tilt bodies or front ends.
4. Trucks required to have production drive train available in one ton or smaller truck. One transmission one transfer case.
5. Truck engine to remain in stock location, with stock appearing radiator installed in stock location. No engine components, other than intercooler, to extend beyond radiator unless in proper position as offered by OEM.
6. Single turbo only 2.8-inch inlet MWE grooves allowed, bushing allowed to downsize turbo. Bushing must be round. Bushing must be .75 inches long and within .050 of turbo compressor wheel.
7. Water injection allowed. Single port only.
8. #1 or #2 diesel fuel. Absolutely no other fuel sources.
9. Production block available in 1 ton or smaller pickup. OEM heads required. Bolted in stock location as intended by manufacturer. No spacer decks allowed between block and head. 450 cubic inch limit.
10. No aftermarket fuel pumps. Billet or sigma pumps prohibited.
11. Mechanical 3-way dump valve to be placed in fuel line as close to injection pump as possible to open pump supply to atmosphere. Exhaust must have tow bolts 3/8 in size in x pattern as close behind turbo as possible and must exit up behind cab.
12. Intercooler if so equipped to be in stock location and at stock arrangement available in 1 ton or smaller truck. No additional liquids or gasses to be used to cool intake air.
13. Hanging weights allowed. Not to extend past 60” ahead of centerline of front axle. Weights and weigh bar only past front bumper.
14. Tires must be DOT approved on 10” rims max, no cutting or grooving, no chains or duals. 35” or 315 metric tires max. Tires must track within centerline of each other.
15. Truck required having wheelbase no longer than matches OEM frame and body to designated truck. 131’ minimum wheelbase.
16. 26’ hitch height at hitch point. Hitch to be mounted to frame only, with no other devices attached other than for safety equipment and rigid in all directions. Hitching device must be al least on inch thick with 2.5 by 3.5 opening minimum. Hook point no closer than 27% of wheelbase back from centerline of rear axle.
17. Brakes on both front wheels required.
18. Trucks must have rear bumper to withstand sled impact. Bumper height same as super stock.
19. For 2009 season truck pulling in 7500 lb stock appearing diesel truck class will not be allowed to hook in stock diesel class at same event.
20. Trail Class, no points, and cash winnings.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
Here is an early schedule of hooks for the new class. This list should be finalized in the next couple of months

ISP hooks
6-28 Cambridge*
7-17 Aledo
7-18 Petersburg
7-24 Amboy
7-25 Somonauk
7-30 Oregon*
7-31 Yorkville
8-22 Elburn
9-06 Paw Paw*
9-16 Yorkville Benefit

(dates with * are not confirmed yet)

in addition to those 10 there is Hanks 4x4, Kane County Fair, Bubba's pull in August, and the Mendota Tri-County Fair.

right now head count is 5-6 trucks in the class for sure, and hoping for more.

with 14 possible hooks in the area i'm looking forward to next year!

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
here's the stock class rules

ISP STOCK PICK-UP TRUCK RULES

(No Trailering, Trucks must be drivin into the event)
1.OEM Intake. If you have a carburetor you must have a cast iron intake.If you have fuel injections, you must have stock appearing intake. Headers allowed.
2.No traction or ladder bars-front of rear.
3.No blocked suspension of any type, if you have air bag suspension, bags must be deflated.
4.Gas engines must be naturally aspirated, single, single carb, or factory fuel infection. No dominators or dominator style, No Racing fuels, pump fuel only.
5.Closed exhaust must exit behind cab.
6.No nitrous oxide or L.P. add on.
7.Must be legally licensed and insured at time of sign up.
8.No Certified Pulling Trucks.
9., Must be stock (OEM) Front bumber, OEM Rear bumper or Reese Type,bolted on from the farthest point, No pulling Hitches or plow brackets.
10.No fastening on weights any extra weights must be in bed of truck and secured.
11.Hitch height 26 inches or lower.
12.Tires must be DOT approved no larger than 33X12.5.
13.Trucks cannot be gutted or stripped
14.No dual wheels.
15.No after market Blocks or heads, stock drive lines (No pro Fab).
16.Seat belts must be worn. No Riders in or out of cab.
17.Diesel weight limit 8000 lbs. or under with driver in cab.
18.Gas weight limit 6800 lbs. or under with driver in cab.
19.Diesel trucks limited to one 2.6 turbo, turbo must be stock appearing.

20.Inspectors has final say on vehicle

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
Someone was tellin me alot of the midwest pullers have a meetup at Danville Performance, is there anything being planned for this yet?

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
anyone down for getting a meet together somwhere before april 15th or so? Would love to meet up with some of ya'll and see some ideas you guys did with your rigs.

Seems like most members are north instead of south :(.

If anyone wants to meetup for lunch, i'll be rolling down south next weekend to see the old lady at edwardsville for a weekend. Be more than glad to buy ya'll lunch if anyones down there.

For you guys up north (not trying to advertise another site), but the gmfullsize.com members are organizing a meet for july either at slamology in indianapolis area, or we might be having a 21st bday bash at the dells for myself...good chance to get free drinks, a pretty kickass carshow, and meet some new people in the fullsize world.

duramax215

Team Jacoby
Dec 17, 2008
Waubeka, Wi
anyone down for getting a meet together somwhere before april 15th or so? Would love to meet up with some of ya'll and see some ideas you guys did with your rigs.

Seems like most members are north instead of south :(.

If anyone wants to meetup for lunch, i'll be rolling down south next weekend to see the old lady at edwardsville for a weekend. Be more than glad to buy ya'll lunch if anyones down there.

For you guys up north (not trying to advertise another site), but the gmfullsize.com members are organizing a meet for july either at slamology in indianapolis area, or we might be having a 21st bday bash at the dells for myself...good chance to get free drinks, a pretty kickass carshow, and meet some new people in the fullsize world.

have it in the dells!!! count me in then!!

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
danville has a dyno day every year and fllece put on a pull along with danville last year. i drove 6hr to go to a pull in indiana last summer, so who knows where i will go this year for a pull

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
Count me in on a meet. It takes me 10 minutes to get from my house across the I-80 bridge into illinois. I know a few of the guys with ISP and have been to some of the closer pulls like amboy, Cambridge, milladgville and the pull they put on at the whiteside county fair. Keep the meet info coming.