LB7: horn mod

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
On the lb7 you can take the intake horn going into the turbo off and opening it up to get a smoother transition into the turbo. We did my buddies and it is a pita to get off but well worth it for what it costs.

MuscleTruck03

Wants a turbo!! or two...
Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
I wanted to do this on mine but looking down in there it looks like it matches up fairly well. Does this really do that much or just make a louder whistle?

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
I wanted to do this on mine but looking down in there it looks like it matches up fairly well. Does this really do that much or just make a louder whistle?

The mouthpiece does match up...but it matches the wrong part. The end diameter matches the inducer size, and it should match the diameter of the outermost part of the compressor intake, including the bleed ring. The trouble with the stock setup is it prevents te bleed ring from functioning properly, as well as choking the flow a bit. This mod will broaden the compressor efficiency, shorten spool time, lower compressor discharge temps, and, yes, make the turbo louder.:D

Last edited:

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Take it off, then using a die grinder enlarge the opening to aproximately 3 inches and re-install.