holy cow

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
well friday the 13th could have been better lol. it all started about 530 am 20 miles south of Butte Montana!! i was running low on fuel but the light hadnt come on yet. ive gone 10-15 miles with the light on before. lift pump mustve sucked the cup dry. i was staring the exit where i was going to get fuel right in the face. i walk down the ramp to find absolutely nothing for fuel. stupid gps. it gave me the run around in salt lake too lol. so i get a tow company to get me fuel. i had to still prime the water seperator on the AD II. thank god for a leatherman and gravity. i managed to fill the filter most of the way with fuel and topped it off with ATF. $165 for 5 gal of fuel and im on my way :coolspot:

now its time for Canada to stick it in me. i get 20 questioned at the border. passport and ID are all good...but its my 1st time to Canada ding ding ding. so i get to go inside and wait for about 45 min to play the 20 question game again...only more questions. i answered the 1st questions from the border again...all the same answers mind you lol, plus 40 more....where are you headed, for how long, how did you hear about it, where are you staying, how many fingers am i holding up, how many fingers are holding up, cup size. all pretty basic questions im sure. finally they let me go.

so i made it...finally. 28 hours total. left vegas at 2:30 pm thursday. and that includes 1 three hour nap, 2 hours with no fuel and about 1:30 hrs at the border.
:baby:

im beat...goodnight lol

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wow that is one heck of a ride! At least you got where you're going safely:)

As for the border thing, we get it too. Going into the US last summer they took a half hour just to x-Ray ( yes, that's right,x-Ray) the truck. It was all good though. Can't really blame them though.

Nick

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Damn thats a killer day huh Rob:eek: Well at at least ya got were to your final destination in one piece. Looks like you got your pipes coated and a blanket from your avatar pic. Looks good man! Got any bigger pics of it? Anyways enjoy the your trip man

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Wow that is one heck of a ride! At least you got where you're going safely:)

As for the border thing, we get it too. Going into the US last summer they took a half hour just to x-Ray ( yes, that's right,x-Ray) the truck. It was all good though. Can't really blame them though.

Nick

Well Nick, your about a beard & towel short of looking like a possible terrorist:p

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Holy cow.....

....in India, they are. :D

That sure was an expensive oversight. I see highway robbery is legal in Canada.

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Well Nick, your about a beard & towel short of looking like a possible terrorist:p

If you go into Canada anywhere around Vancouver, it's a pretty good bet the dude checking you in will be wearing a beard and a towel. Last time I was across I didn't see one person at the border that was a native born Canadian, bunch of India indians and Pakistanies. Wouldn't let me in due to no paper from a vet saying my dog had a current rabies shot. Was a Sunday and I had to go find a Vet that was open. Found one and when I came back they just waived me through, I told them **** no look at the god damn paper you just went and made me get. Ass Holes

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Hope the trip back isn't nearly as painful.:thumb:

well other than the trip up the whole weekend was a blast. it was great meeting some people from the board, and watching Simon go 10's. seeing the sled pulls the next day was awesome, and watching Dale come off the street and pull 200+ feet lol. on the way home i stopped off at MPL motorsports to check it out and talk to Ted. then i found myself in bass pro shops in calgary buying t-shirts...getting rid of that funny canadian money :happy2:. but im home and the trip back was much smoother :coolspot:. i definetaly want to see more of canada!!!

p.s. i logged over 3100 miles on the gps in 6 days with an avg. moving mph of 62.8 and a max mph of 124 hhahahaha. montana at 1 a.m. is boring lol

Last edited: