LBZ: High Rail Pressure

Reedy

Aug 16, 2016
Perth Western Australia
Looking for a bit of help , I have a lbz which is throwing code p0088 High rail Pressure . the pump is a second hand pump off a running motor , we have checked all the wiring ,we have changed ecu s , fuel rail sensor , checked return line . The only thing we haven't changed is the Fuel pressure regulator on the back off the pump at the moment only because I have to remove the intake manifold to get to it, ( we have modified the intake ). Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated . I am Western Australia so trying to find any info is limited down here . It is commanding 30 mpa but the actual pressure is 82 mpa thanks

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
i would say it is a sticking pressure regulator too. if it was wiring it would likely be at max mpa but its not

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Is it just high at idle? If so, try turning the lift pump pressure down a bit, or adjust the regulator current table in the bottom couple of cells to ask for more current. I personally prefer adjusting the desired current and letting the lift pump run a higher pressure.

If it is high across the board, or is jumping around, then yeah, just a sticky regulator that needs replaced.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I have the same issue. But only at idle when cold. Once up to temp it's fine. I think it's also a stuck reg and am going to put my stock one in (this one is modified) this week and see what happens.

Never thought about increasing rail current because it only does it at cold so I figured sticking not tuning was the issue.

Reedy

Aug 16, 2016
Perth Western Australia
Cheers for the input pulled the the pump and had it tested they said the pressure regulator was working , put it back in the car and all is working correctly must have been sticky .