LBZ: Hi From Md

alak105

kris
May 22, 2013
Rising Sun MD
Hi everyone!!
Tonight is first night on here! Guess you turn to the net when you have problems :( Have a problem on a 06 LBZ

Running EFI live which was on truck when purchased 2 years ago, two weeks ago DFS switch went from 5 positions to 7?????? could tell tunes were messed up then. Trans shifted funny MPG's went way down. replaced switch this weekend, But now truck will not pass 2000 RPM's!!!

Any advice as to where to start?? Also, I do not have a V2 :(

Thanks
kris

paoutdoorsman

Duramax Fan!
Mar 27, 2009
South Central PA
Welcome! Can you tell if your tunes are changing as you change switch position? Is it possible there was a valet or anti-theft tune in position 1? If the switch is not working, I believe the tune in position 1 is default.

alak105

kris
May 22, 2013
Rising Sun MD
I can only tell for sure that the tune changes in position 5, Due to the fact that that is the "smoke?lobe' tune. As far as the rest it is hard to say it changes. If I could get over 2k Rpm's I would know. The engine runs fine until it reaches 2k then it's like a rev limiter or something.

alak105

kris
May 22, 2013
Rising Sun MD
Welcome!
How far are you from Frederick I could put a tech 2 on the truck and check it out.

I have access to a tech 2 with the candie cable...Wasn't sure that it would say anything??? I am assuming that it has to do with the EFI tuning since it started when my switch broke.... I am about an hour and half away from frederick