Help With Trans

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I guess you could bolt 2 Dmaxes together to get 2500 ft*lb. That would be one hell of a pulling truck. With all that weight might not even need to add extra weight box on front.

Although it would probably chunk out transmissions like a limb chipper. Parts and pieces everywhere.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I guess you could bolt 2 Dmaxes together to get 2500 ft*lb. That would be one hell of a pulling truck. With all that weight might not even need to add extra weight box on front.

Although it would probably chunk out transmissions like a limb chipper. Parts and pieces everywhere.

I'm assuming he wants the strongest built trans but instead of helping him everyone should pick apart that he wants 2200 ftlbs

Drama!

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
where the hell are you going to get 1800 ft lbs.....?
What the hell is wrong with people? He asked for help so he comes to the sight with the best knowledge! Help a guy out!

To answer your question there has been some transmissions out there holding some serious hps. Talk to Trent or Mike L. They have made some shit live!

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
where the hell are you going to get 1800 ft lbs.....?

with bolt on parts;) , not very hard if you have the pocket book and dont care if you break stuff , I garentee there are several drag trucks that are real close to that on fuel ( 3 mine included ) , let alone spray .

and X2 why all the attitude for the guy wanting to go big ?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
and X2 why all the attitude for the guy wanting to go big ?
Because it is easier and more fun to make fun of and ridicule someone rather than help them...

To the original poster, I would say the guy I would take it to if I were you is George Alexander (goes by BigDipper on the forums). It would probably be a pretty long drive (he is out of Baltimore, MD), but it is closer than California. If you want somewhere closer, Brayden at Fleece Performance builds transmissions too. I'm sure he could put together a good transmission for you.

HogAssWild

Nov 12, 2009
call sunocoast and talk to dallas.. he will fix you up

and i would go to diesel addicition.. like 3 hours away from you

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland
I have driven Duraflite approx 5000 km in street now, it works well so far.
It needs some tuning to get street manners better, and is not so comfortable as Allison. But it work, and doesnt anymore feel like hit in back every time it shifts. Cant say how long it will last in dd, but my miles are so low that probably I wont break it in street.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
from what i have seen lately a properly tuned, properly set up allison would have no problem holding that. 1800hp that is... just recently seen one handle 1550 ft lbs! im not a tranny expert like Mike L and some of the rest of these guys, just sayin:thumb:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Keep my name out of this as I don't build racing transmissions unless I know you very well and know who your tuner is.