Help With Trans

southernsmoke

May 31, 2010
tennessee
Ok i just bought me another duramax and im lookin to build the trans first thing, my last truck had a stage 5 ppe, great trans but......my buddy wesley has suncoast and i love how it shifts hard, i was thinkin about a DURAFLITE, and i was wanting to know everything about them first

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Ok i just bought me another duramax and im lookin to build the trans first thing, my last truck had a stage 5 ppe, great trans but......my buddy wesley has suncoast and i love how it shifts hard, i was thinkin about a DURAFLITE, and i was wanting to know everything about them first

Good race option , but not a option for a street truck last i heard , due to short converter life , but i dont know first hand , maybe Rob , ken , or mika can chime in on that . And also if you have an Allison that is shifting hard , that isn't a good thing , that means its partially tying up , a smooth quick shift is the best to achieve for big power and small .

southernsmoke

May 31, 2010
tennessee
i just thought runin a duraflite would be nice, just didnt know what to do, didnt really want to go back with ppe wanted something stouter

southernsmoke

May 31, 2010
tennessee
so i guess the only one on here that can help me a lil on the trans idea is trent, ok well ive seen a lbz with a s400 push 1300 ftlbs on the street tune like it was nothing, so i purty sure i can reach that

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
i just want a bullet proof trans that i can push up 2500 ftlbs

No such thing. Duraflight I can't comment on but if your dd it or sled pulling I don't think it's a great choice jmo talk to subman

best bet would be get a full built alli from mike

the hard shifting is prob more from poor tuning than actual hard parts.

Good luck