LB7: HELP!!! tuning concerns

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
My trucks mods are as listed in my signature except i have removed my programmer due to the severly slipping clutch so now i am back to the factory gm tuning with my 40% over injectors and it has produced somewhat of a timing rattle i believe. I dont know if the rattle is normal in a zf6 equipped truck because unlike the allison i fall below the turbo nearly every shift because of no stall convertor like an auto has and i dont feel the need to dog on my truck all the time. My question is, is this rattle normal or is it in fact a timing rattle due to too much fuel too soon? If it is a timing rattle am i in danger of bending a rod with stock pw and maf tables? Either way i am getting efi live as soon as i can, but im just concerned if i am doing any damage to the motor. Any knowledge on this issue is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Not lately, im going to this sunday. Does it sound like injector rattle, timing rattle, or possibly clutch/flywheel rattle to you? The clutch is definitely shot and i still have the factory dmf and the sound kinda sounds like its coming from the bell housing

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
hard to tell exactly its an unusual sound. get the injectors checked out and that will give us a better idea of where to look.