LBZ: Help! No one can figure out the issue.

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
This is in no way a dig on the shop working on my truck but a huge request for thoughts on what to do to fix it. Everyone is stumped!

Attached is the work order showing what has been done seems like they have seen exactly what i have seen but haven't been able to figure out whats causing it.

HELP!

Attachments

• Page1.jpg
    Page1.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Page2.jpg
    Page2.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Page3.jpg
    Page3.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Page4.jpg
    Page4.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 79
  • page5.JPG
    page5.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 84

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Any splices in harness? Maybe something is inducing noise or maybe a grounding issue? Man this is a tuff one.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Ok, have you tried un-plugging the aftermarket stereo equipment and any thing electrical that was not OEM???

Does it have an aftermarket alarm???

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
And people think Subaru’s are expensive/tough to work on :roflmao: sorry I can’t provide much help hope you get it figured out man.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
something is back feeding noise. From everything i have read, the GPCM disconnected should not let the truck start but maybe that is only LMM and up?

i see them testing voltage but have not ohmed the wiring. Mike and i were just discussing this yesterday. a broken wire with one strand still connected will show 12v but you wont be able to carry any amp load to make what ever it is that needs to be triggered, triggered. Amp tester will help here too.

has the TCM been swapped with a known good one?

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
This truck has a new GPCM that was programmed by the dealer to the truck since it kept producing a CEL for it. I could have them try running it without a TCM. Wondering if its worth the money for the compression test at this point? A friend has been comparing data from his Kodiak same year to logs to mine and he says my truck is flipping between 6 tables trying to run, and the fuel pressure is surging 500PSI compared to his truck that runs exactly the commanded fuel pressure.

In the fuel rails I have the two PPE race valves and both rails have the ported fuel rail fitting.

Electrical keeps popping up but having a hard time getting a good place to start.

duck_156

Oct 19, 2016
Washington
We have tried Stock tunes and different ECM all see to have the same issue. Here is a screen shots of what we see the truck doing. What I see even though the engine sounds and feel like smooth while idling its not it seems to be surging. I know this is hard to see but the truck is doubling the Pilot fuel flow every .5 seconds for some reason.

The bottom screen shot is from my truck. The only way I have been able to get my truck to hit a 2.2 pilot fuel flow is a full throttle hit and this truck is doing it at idle. What we have been unable to figure out if the high balance rate on #8 an issues with that cylinder or something else causing #8 to look bad. It differently has the 1500-2000 rpm fuel knock.

As stibuilder has said we have change / moved / tested or replace a ton of stuff and are totally stumped. Anyone got any good ideas that does not involve replace 8 brand new injectors?

Attachments

• Post_A.jpg
    Post_A.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot _B.jpg
    Screen Shot _B.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 30

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
The race valves are like the fuel pressure relief valve. They have been known to leak. Leak is internal to the rail and leaks into the return. Pull the return line and run it into a clear bottle. Drive the truck and see how much is in the bottle. With the race valves there should be none.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Two ported fittings and two race valves? Doesn't it only have one FPRV? Or are kodiaks different? Also didn't someone test ported rail fittings on a bench and they noticed a lot more noise from the injectors. I wish I could remember the thread but it's here somewhere.