Help Needed After Turbo Swap

TwinStick

Dec 10, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Hey everyone, I swapped the turbo out of the truck and during the 3 weeks it took due to work travel and needing a new pass. side manifold the batteries died. Got everything buttoned up today and charged the driver's side battery. The truck starts and runs just fine but I have electrical problems. Door switches don't work, ABS, Airbag and Battery lights are glowing on the dash, the speedo and tach work but none of the other gauges do, it remembers my mileage, mpg and trip odo. but it says "engine oil life (blank)%" and the DTE is blank too.

I also tried to read and clear the DTC's with my autocal but I keep getting an "error $280" message (I think that's what it said). Got the same error message when I tried to reflash with the autocal.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Check all the grounds not just that one. Test with a meter if you want to be sure.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TwinStick

Dec 10, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Both batteries tested at 12.9x bolts this morning. Took off the charger.

Tested the grounds with the meter and they're good.

Under hood smells like hot electronics. Not sure if that's just the charger getting warm or if something smells fried. I'll test the batteries again and I'll sniff around if there's still that smell in a couple hours.

When I first plugged the charger in the factory alarm started honking the horn so I unplugged it and went to get my keys. Then when I came back and plugged the charger in again the alarm didn't sound that time.

I've also noticed my Pioneer head unit is on constantly and it's only showing the backup camera. How weird.

What should I check first for anything fried?