HELP: LMM injector seized in cylinder head

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
I'm swapping out my stock injectors for some 100% over Exergys. I have 1 that is seized in the head and WILL NOT budge. I tried cranking it over to use compression, no luck. Any ideas/tips?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I'm swapping out my stock injectors for some 100% over Exergys. I have 1 that is seized in the head and WILL NOT budge. I tried cranking it over to use compression, no luck. Any ideas/tips?

Anthony had to use a tractor to get a few of his out... have you used a big pry under the hold down?

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
The timing for this sucks. I was going to give the stock motor a good run before winter and then swap it. Now it looks like it will be coming out......

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Have you tried putting an injector line back on and pulling from the top with that and someone prying up from the bottom? I'd also spray a bit of penetrate around the bottom hoping it will seep in.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Did you end up having to pull the heads?

Take the valve cover off. Put a pipe wrench on the injector and twisted it back and fourth for an hour while I had tension on it from the tractor.

Take a pry bar and put it under the hold down. Take another pry bar and put it behind the fuel line.

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
Take the valve cover off. Put a pipe wrench on the injector and twisted it back and fourth for an hour while I had tension on it from the tractor.

Take a pry bar and put it under the hold down. Take another pry bar and put it behind the fuel line.

I had to do the same thing to get one of mine out, only I used a hoist instead of a tractor. What a pain in the ass. I let it sit overnight and soak which seemed to help too.

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
Got it out!!!! Probably not the best way since I had to waste the injector though. I welded a nut for my slide hammer to the end of the injector and gave it hell.....

sent from my LG "Stupid" phone, using Tapatalk