help emergency!!!!

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
my v2 licenses have all been erased some how i updated to build 156 an lost everything!!!!!!!!!!!! i just bought another licsense an i added it in said it added in an then tried to flash truck said no spare licsense are available!!!!

any help!!!!??????????????

checked the v2 it shows the licenses but actual program says i have none in there have checked for updates an the whole nine yards

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
talk to EFILive. They have some of the best customer service out there, and Im sure they will help you out and get this fixed ASAP.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Well I have uninstalled an reinstalled the programs v7& v8 (backed all my tune onto thumb drive) then checked for updates again an I have for the soft ware showing them again getting ready to try a flash to see if they work

If you install the latest versions from there website, do not do an update check. The latest build is 156 from there site, but the auto update will put build 133 back in and mess everything up. I just had a problem with this where it kept telling my ECM was locked when I knew it wasn't. I uninstalled everything and re-installed them directly from there download page and did not do any updates and all is well now. Also make sure and install the latest firmware and bootblock. I know they have a couple of versions of teh firmware that are named teh same, but if you look at the dates one will be newer and you need to run teh latest update one.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
no the actual licenses wouldnt show up at all when i went to add one then i i bout one put the number it should be like 21 not 1 added it said added then still didnt show tried flashing a truck it said not licenses are available? so i chevked the v2 it still showed them all. So i checked firmware made sure it was right an it was then i uninstalled v7 and v8 reinstalled them checked updates did them and i can seen them again in the screen says i have them an just tried a flash an it worked:confused: im not sure if when i updated it to the lastes firmware and builds if it gliched an didnt install right(says it did and it read the truck fine) but after doing that it worked so im just happy i got it working again

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
If you install the latest versions from there website, do not do an update check. The latest build is 156 from there site, but the auto update will put build 133 back in and mess everything up. I just had a problem with this where it kept telling my ECM was locked when I knew it wasn't. I uninstalled everything and re-installed them directly from there download page and did not do any updates and all is well now.

ya thats what i did it checked for updates an said none were available so i downloaded from there site and it still didnt work the did the whole unistall reinstall but maybe it did the same thing yours did :confused: i hate computer stuff :D

Tordne

EFILive Crew
Vendor/Sponsor
May 5, 2008
www.efilive.com
The cause of any licensing issue you have will likely be due to your FlashScan device running firmware version 2.07.05 or later and having installed the EFILive software from the CD enclosed in the product packaging. This issue occurs due to a licensing structure change that was introduced in 2.07.05 to accommodate the upcoming Cummins release. When you are not using the latest software (release into a stable build last week) when you query licenses in the V7.5 Tune Tool it returns none. Fortunately the solution to this is simple, you just need to install the latest V7.5 and V8 software from here (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133).

Here are a couple of knowledgebase links for software and firmware updates which you might find useful in future:
- Software: http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=5404-IJZV-0820
- Firmware: http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
The cause of any licensing issue you have will likely be due to your FlashScan device running firmware version 2.07.05 or later and having installed the EFILive software from the CD enclosed in the product packaging. This issue occurs due to a licensing structure change that was introduced in 2.07.05 to accommodate the upcoming Cummins release. When you are not using the latest software (release into a stable build last week) when you query licenses in the V7.5 Tune Tool it returns none. Fortunately the solution to this is simple, you just need to install the latest V7.5 and V8 software from here (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133).

Here are a couple of knowledgebase links for software and firmware updates which you might find useful in future:
- Software: http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=5404-IJZV-0820
- Firmware: http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949

thats what i did an then had the issues..... it took completly unistalling it an reinstalling it to get it to work an i had the firmware for march 30-2011 so everything was updated but its working now also why does the damn tune tool say alwasys say waiting now before builld 146 it wouldnt do that it would just erase ecm and go now it says ereased then waits for up to 5-10secs (lb7) 20-40secs(lly) and itll freeze on 5-8 secs on bz-lmm then just go its really annoying not sure if it the build or what have you guys had anyone else complain bout this or am i the only one

Tordne

EFILive Crew
Vendor/Sponsor
May 5, 2008
www.efilive.com
Are you referring to flashing with the V7.5 or V8 software? There is a 10 second delay introduced (in V8) to ensure the controller is booted and available to be unlocked. Previously if you powered on a controller and attempted an immediate flash it would fail as the controller was not ready.

Tordne

EFILive Crew
Vendor/Sponsor
May 5, 2008
www.efilive.com
We just released (a couple of days ago) a new version/build of V7, V8 and FlashScan V2 firmware. I'd be interested to see if you have the pause after these updates.