Help! 03 LB7 Running hot!

RvrRnr1000

Aug 24, 2013
My 03 has 250,000 miles on it and its been a great truck.....But I cracked a heater connector/coupler and puked coolant all over the freeway....the temp gauge never showed that it overheated! Got it home & fixed it!

Now with all new fluids (New Oil, Trans fluid, and 4 Gallons of coolant) my truck now runs hotter than ever and driving out to the river is almost impossible! It gets too hot on the hills.....

What could I have possibly broke?????:mad:

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
Did you "burp" the system. Sounds like you have air in the system.

There is a bleader screw on top of the thermostat housing.

RvrRnr1000

Aug 24, 2013
No I didnt.... would that cause my MPG to go down, Trans & Motor to run hot?

what do i need to do???

RvrRnr1000

Aug 24, 2013
Wouldn't I see coolant in my motor oil? What are some things that I could look for that would let me know if I lost the head gaskets????

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
1) Stop freaking out and burp the air out of the system. Follow SoCalMike's recommendation.
It takes a bit, esp since you drained the heater core. If for some reason you're still running hot after that, then you've got to start looking at other items.
Did you check your driver's side motor mount to see if it was broken (as was recommended in your previous thread)? If not, then get on that, too.

2) Could you try to post your questions in the appropriate forum instead of just in the "forum suggestion box"??? Makes things easier on the Staff.

RvrRnr1000

Aug 24, 2013
Sorry about Posting in the wrong area...My Bad...

I will go home and try burping the system....thanks