Headgasket symptom?

Jakemax04

Jun 28, 2013
I'm thinking my headgaskets are on their way out. Here's a pic inside my coolant tank...
That's not a good sign right?

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
How long it take? And I'm guessing about $1000 with Arp's

I worked an entire week on it. Spent about 4-6 hours each day with jerking around Monday through Wednesday, then Thursday I started around 7:30am and had it running by 11pm that night.

This all included time resurfacing the heads and doing a slight bowl blend port job by hand on each head, installing a MBRP downpipe, PPE shim kit and such

Cost roughly 1000 with the ARPs, maybe a few bucks less.

Jakemax04

Jun 28, 2013
Doesn't get too cold here in tx. I pulled the cap off yesterday after driving it around and seemed like normal amount of air came out. No coolant came out. Just checked it after sitting all night. Hose is squishy

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
If you end up doing head gaskets we carry the complete kit with ARP studs for $925. Let us know if we can help.

chandler583

F'in New Guy
Dec 30, 2014
Houston, TX
I got an "everything you need" HG repair kit with ARPs. It was just under $1k. I also put a new FPR on it, did the GM #2 & #7 injector fix, LML exhaust manifold all at the same time. When I put it back together, the fuel rail pressure sensor went bad, that was $200. All in all, I was in it about $1600 in parts. Got a smokin' deal on labor and got that done for $1500 and $100 to surface heads.

It's not cheap, but you feel so much better when it's done.

chandler583

F'in New Guy
Dec 30, 2014
Houston, TX
I would recommend it. It would just really depend on the case though. If you were in a pinch and needed the truck back ASAP, you might be able to get by if you can ensure that the heads aren't warped in any way. For me to ensure that, I would put it on a flat surface like a mill table and use an indicator to make sure there wasn't any warp.