head gasket leaking antifreeze any ideas?

mudygmc

Dec 8, 2008
Buffalo MN
Last fall I had to pull my heads off to get a couple of glow plugs machined out. When I put them back on I used the C series gasket and arp headstuds. I installed them just how the instructions said to. Today I noticed that I was leaking a little antifreeze. When I inspected I found the head gasket seeping on the back of the head on the passanger side. The antifreeze in the resivor looks fine and the engine oil looks fine. How do I go about fixing this? Can I pull the valve cover and retorque the studs or do I have to pull the heads and put in new gaskets. It was a lot of work the first time I did it and I don't really want to do it again. There is now way I can afford to have someone do it. Not that I really want anybody to do it. I want to do it right but on a reasonable budget. Any ideas would be great.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
what year engine? i know the lb7s have coolant hoses on the turbo centercection on the pass side that deteriorate and leak making it look like a hg leak on pass side

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Leaks

Mine leak! They will continue to leak also. They have leaked since day one. I will worry when they don't leak! Then will will have a problem. Jeff