Has everyone seen this newsletter? EFI

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
You're*** Go ahead and insult me but at least use proper grammar so you don't look like the idiot.

Then why did the EPA go after H&S specifically? They basically handed the EPA their illegal business activities in multiple 2 page colorful spreads every month for 2 1/2 years until someone finally said "Hey, look! They made our pathetic job even easier... everything we need is all right here."

I couldn't tell you how many times I've talked to people about tuning Duramaxs and EFILive, then they go "oh, you mean like H&S right?"

Had they not been so greedy and flown under the radar I don't think EFILive would have to be forced to do any of this.

Why did the epa go after edge last year and no one else?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Don't blame the tip of the iceberg...

This action was enevitable, every manufacturer that developed and sold equipment that defeated emission equipment is just as guilty as any other. If you go by advertiseing alone then MBRP is the biggest culprit, they have blatently advertised emission defeating exhaust systems since day 1. But I haven't heard anybody bash them yet...

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Yeah, the EPA lady wanting to be a vendor was a bit odd. Perhaps they wanted to put up a "public service" banner or something? Dunno. You have to sell Dmax stuff to be a vendor.

probably wanted to see who is selling dpf removal stuff and who is buying it

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Why did the epa go after edge last year and no one else?

Edge is owned by Jeggs (or summit racing, can't remember which) it is my theory that they were smart enough to know what was in store for our sport bc they have already expirenced this type regulation with the gasoline performance aftermarket. That's just a theory though...

Last edited:

fishv12

Jan 30, 2011
I really don't understand EFI Live stance on this... It's an aftermarket software writing company. They can just say that it's a do it at your own risks offroad only type of thing. Correct me if I am wrong but if I purchase a truck to run solely on the track and performance events or offroad without running on the street I am free to do what the heck I want to do with it since I do not need to plate it hence it does not need to meet regional emissions standards. At that point if I want to delete DPF or anything else shouldn't I be able to? Really makes no sense to me... We have tons of aftermarket offroad only exhaust kits available. CAT delete pipes you name it.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I really don't understand EFI Live stance on this... It's an aftermarket software writing company. They can just say that it's a do it at your own risks offroad only type of thing. Correct me if I am wrong but if I purchase a truck to run solely on the track and performance events or offroad without running on the street I am free to do what the heck I want to do with it since I do not need to plate it. At that point if I want to delete DPF or anything else shouldn't I be able to? Really makes no sense to me... We have tons of aftermarket offroad only exhaust kits available. CAT delete pipes you name it.

Ok, I will. You're wrong.

It's my property, I can cook meth on it if I want to right? I bought all the ingredients legally in the store...

No. It is federally illegal on public and private property to remove that equipment.

Blackhawk878

Jan 16, 2012
Grovetown, GA

It's my property, I can cook meth on it if I want to right? I bought all the ingredients legally in the store...

No. It is federally illegal on public and private property to remove that equipment.

Guess like many unpopular things it will come down to enforcement. For the record not condoning cooking meth.....

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Guess like many unpopular things it will come down to enforcement. For the record not condoning cooking meth.....

It's an extreme comparison but thats how they feel about it. Private property or not, you are still contributing to the air quality of non-private areas.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
the problem will occur that guys with v2s that buy tuning from other suppliers will not be able to flash the tunes because software will not match, unless the tuners dont update too.

Stream license and a bench harness.

I don't think anything is going to really change.

Duramax tuning is completed as far as tables, has been for years.

Just get a V2 or Autocal, don't update it and stop worrying.

Last edited:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA

While I need to look and see if the laws changed lately, it is only illegal to remove the emissions equipment on fixed power applications (generators, etc.) and on vehicles still registered for street use, even if they are being used off-road at the time. However, I believe that a non-registered off-road/race-only vehicle can remove emissions equipment. Or simply never install it if you are building a custom race vehicle.

powerstar

Feb 10, 2012
Hello, Ive been a long time visitor here and this is my first post. After reading this, I believe Im about to get my truck tuned by EFI asap.