Had a hiccup.

C.C.Reed

May 1, 2008
No worries. We have only had, I think, 2 teams pass us so far and they were huge as in 50+ clients running.

I've had a hiccup or two getting my 4P machine up and running. I am still waiting on 2 of my processors that are stuck in Customs since the Japan ordeal. They were shipped from Malaysia but are hung up for some reason.

I bought a used Corsair 800D which finally came in. I had a new Rosewill RSV-L4000 4U rack chassis but went to the Corsair because it should be quieter and it's just. . . prettier. :gay:

The CPU heatsinks I bought were too big so I sent them back. The new ones I ordered are Noctua NH-U9DO A3. When they get here, I hope they will fit.

If my coolers fit, I'll fire it up with just 2 processors 'cause who knows when I'll get my other 2 and try out Musky's guide from [H]ardForum. He is seeing quicker times in Linux -bigadv than Windows.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036935472&postcount=259

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
Okeana OH/West Lafayette IN
I was wondering what happened..saw the team was down pretty bad overall :(

I just built a new rig with i5-2500k and gts450 on Friday. Still haven't had a complete day of uninterrupted folding, been testing different overclocks and client setups trying to run smp2 & gpu3 the fastest.

But would you guys happen to know what the best way to set this up? I'm currently running -smp 3 to leave a thread/core for the gpu which is looking like around 9k ppd alone. Don't know if the i5 without setting up for bigadv would be worth running alone, guess I'll just have to test it out?

C.C.Reed

May 1, 2008
Good news is that the 912 and 925 GPU are back.

Getting close to 15000 PPD out of each of my GTX460 per HFM.