gtx4202 or similar/stock twins??

country lbz

Feb 28, 2013
Indiana
Thank you for everyone's input. I'm not set on using any one brand of turbo at all. I just wanted to explore the realms and make a educated decsion upon feedback. Only set factor in my equation is the kit will be a stock over something twin kit, as I am fairly dedicated to run twins.

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
Thank you for everyone's input. I'm not set on using any one brand of turbo at all. I just wanted to explore the realms and make a educated decsion upon feedback. Only set factor in my equation is the kit will be a stock over something twin kit, as I am fairly dedicated to run twins.

Feel free to call if you have any questions for me! Id love to help out the best I can. (989) 476-0135

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
The Original MPI "kit twins" ran the GT4202. The others were more one off type stuff. My kit that I currently run is the first LB7 kit set that Nathan used to build his jigs. Subman ran them on his old truck. Sold them to Mika in Finland. I bought it from Mika and had it shipped to Alaska. The kit works extremely well and is friggin bullet proof. GT42 over a stock turbo works excellent... The Borgs just as well. I have been around both extensively.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I had one of the old gated kits, and the new style BW kit from Nathan. The old style was worth .2 on the same tune/tires/setup fwiw. I spent a year trying to get the new kit to catch up with the old, it never happened.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
I thought real hard about running a 4202 as a single but as suggested above, I'm afraid of the outcome when it becomes time to hook up to the gooseneck.. looks like I will probably just go with a kit from hsp and run a 475. I may upgrade to the 480. In the future someday (may be several years from now) I want to run a setup much similar to andrew murdocks wich I believe is 4202 over 5517.

Very close, it's actually the 5541R, the 5517 was my first choice and i actually thought i may have made a mistake by choosing the 41 over the 17 until i actually got them on the truck. Then it was all :D:D:D. There's really just something different about the garretts that i've liked, they are more expensive than other chargers but well worth the extra loot IMO. Maybe some people who have tried multiple chargers can chime in as well, i know i'm not the only one. Pretty sure Dan@PPE has been running them for quite a while, dmitri, Dustin has a set, most of if not all of the custom auto trucks, Buck??...

Last edited:

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Very close, it's actually the 5541R, the 5517 was my first choice and i actually thought i may have made a mistake by choosing the 41 over the 17 until i actually got them on the truck. Then it was all :D:D:D. There's really just something different about the garretts that i've liked, they are more expensive than other chargers but well worth the extra loot IMO. Maybe some people who have tried multiple chargers can chime in as well, i know i'm not the only one. Pretty sure Dan@PPE has been running them for quite a while, dmitri, Dustin has a set, most of if not all of the custom auto trucks, Buck??...

X2!

After running BW chargers on all my trucks, going to these Garrett's and GTX is money well well spent. This 5541/gtx4202 kit spools just as good as my old 72/83 kit. I wouldn't have believed it until I drove it lol