Got the LBM motor in and running!

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Well I finally have a built motor in the truck! It consists of n LLY bottom end, some LBZ heads, and all my LMM accessories like fuel and bracket etc.

The bottom end has Carrillo rods, SoCal pistons, keyed cam and brand new from GM crank, main studs, ATI damper. It was originally built by Matt Woertz at BlackOut performance in Corydon, IN

The heads are stock with SoCal valve springs, H11 studs, and MA pushrods

I didn't add anything else for fuel or air yet, but it will come as I recoupe some cash.

Just for some future reference, I used the LBZ front cover and water pump. The LLY block did not have 1 boss needed for the water pump bolt at the top. I had to use a bolt and grind a nut down to use behind the front cover.

Needless to say, I am tickled to finally not hold my breath every time I put it to the floor!

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Right on man. Gotta feel good forsure. I should be starting the build on mine soon also. Just got to get down and pick the block and parts up from you soon.

Last edited:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
:thumb:..

I know when we talked you said goin to keep it mild, whats the power level goin to be around what u had when motor went before? Least till you get more air.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I don't think I was out of air before. EGTs never went over 1300 or so. I will put dual fuelers back on sometime soon and have Kory turn it some more. If it would make track proven 800hp, I will content for a while. Some people don't like the stock/475 twins, but I really enjoy mine. Tows great and has put down some good numbers at the track.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to see what she can do with a little moar powaaa thrown at her and knowing she isn't going to go boom!:woott:

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I think I might be more nervous now to get on it lol. Got to get some miles under it first

That's exactly how I feel with mine. I'm still nervous to get on it after 1700 miles on the build. Lol just have to do it and if something's gonna brake it will be then

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
you just have to drill and tap one hole in the 06-10 front cover for the waterpump. the 01-05 blocks dont have a bolt hole cast/tapped in them for the newer waterpumps. so i just drill and tap the cover and run a shorter bolt. no issues :thumb:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Front cover/water pump stuff, elbow on the oil cooler to adapter housing needs to swap unless you switch to an LBZ coolant crossover with heater hose holes, balancer, flywheel need to stay on the engine, and reluctor wheel. That's about it